Dialogues of Resistance and Healing” with Quetzal Flores, Martha Gonzalez, and Kali Niño

Friday, March 1
Union Culture Center
803 S. King St. Seattle, Wa 98104. Corner of S. King St. + 8 Ave. S., International District

Please join the Seat­tle Fan­dango Project and Union Cul­tural Cen­ter in a con­ver­sa­tion about com­mu­nity music as a site of resis­tance and healing. Potluck style This event is free and all ages. Dona­tions grate­fully accepted.

Fea­tur­ing scholar and dancer, Raquel Rivera; Chican@ Artivist@s Martha Gon­za­lez (who is also a doc­toral can­di­date in Fem­i­nist Stud­ies at UW) and Quet­zal Flo­res of the Grammy award win­ning East L.A. band, Quet­zal; and Kali Niño, fan­dan­guera of Toronto and San Andres Tuxt­las and mem­ber of Cafe con Pan.

This entry was posted in Uncategorized by mjj22. Bookmark the permalink.

About mjj22

Current research project The Multi Dimensions of Blackness: Cultural Hegemony in the US and Abroad I am interested in how the concept of race and identity plays a role in how we perceive difference. Moreover, I would like to investigate how colonial powers such as the United States have shaped ideas of race and identity while maintaining colonial rule abroad. This past summer (2012) I was a participant in the Summer Institute in the Art & Humanities. This opportunity allowed me to explore questions concerning race and representation. Why were my peers studying abroad and returning with the same preconceived notions of developing countries? Why were my college classmates representing people and places in the Global South as underdeveloped, religious radicals, uneducated, disease stricken, and confrontational? These questions have driven my interest in globalization, power, borders, and how a variety of people and institutions located in "the West" represent the Global South.

6 thoughts on “Dialogues of Resistance and Healing” with Quetzal Flores, Martha Gonzalez, and Kali Niño

1. Many people every day are on a hunt for places to watch Tamil serials or Tamil tv shows. While there are many places to watch Tamil, not all are created equally. In this article, we’ll discuss some of the best places to Vijay Tv
    Puthu Puthu Arthangal

2. when Christianity became the state religion of
    the Roman empire, these teachings on land were overtaken by the Roman land law
    of “dominium” – a legalization of property in land originally obtained by conquest
    and plunder. We want jobs, world-class education, and
    healthcare that doesn’t have to check out its shoulder for ambulance chasers.
    In a relatively small space, IWC succeeds in creating an uncannily authentic atmosphere using specially selected
    details and decorative elements for the launch of the new IWC Pilot’s

3. I loved as much as you’ll receive carried out right here.

The sketch is tasteful, your authored material stylish. nonetheless,
    you command get bought an shakiness over that you wish be delivering the
    following. unwell unquestionably come more formerly
    again as exactly the same nearly very often inside case you shield
    this hike.

My webpage :: download book online

4. I got this site from my friend who informed me concerning this site
    and now this time I am visiting this website and reading very informative posts at this time.

my web page; telecharger livres, Deangelo,