Behavioral Research & Therapy Clinics
The BRTC has a long history of commitment to conducting rigorous science, training young scientists, pulling together collaborative scientific communities, and disseminating science-based treatments to mental health professionals in the community. All donations will be used in support of the BRTC’s mission. Specifics examples include sponsoring pilot research, supporting training opportunities for promising young scientists, or dissemination of findings.
The BRTC capital fundraising campaign supports the following initiatives:
- BRTC Clinic Infrastructure to allow us to better serve individuals with severe and complex disorders, including Borderline Personality disorder, suicidal behaviors and drug addiction.
- Treatment development to develop Stage II of Dialectical Behavior Therapy (DBT) to reduce the excruciating sense of emptiness and incompletness and the state of “quiet desperation” so typical of Borderline Personality Disorder.
- Strategic Planning Meetings (SPM) bringing together international groups of senior scientists and their sutdents and junior colleagues to develop collaborative research to advance treatment development.
- DBT Program Accreditation and Certification to provide a much needed method of quality control for consumers and payors.
- Web-Based Data Management Systems to facilitate research across multiple sites and also to allow community mental health sites to both enter data and receive real-time feedback to improve treatment.