Behavioral Research & Therapy Clinics

Chelsey Wilks’ Bio

Chelsey WilksI grad­u­ated from the Uni­ver­sity of Nevada-Las Vegas, where I earned a BS in human ser­vice coun­sel­ing. At UNLV, I worked as a research therapist on a trial examining the efficacy of Family Behavior Therapy on women who have been referred to treatment for child neglect and substance abuse. This early clinical experience fostered an interest in treat­ment out­come research with dif­fi­cult to treat clients.

While at the Uni­ver­sity of Wash­ing­ton, I devel­oped a research interest in developing treatments for high risk individuals who are out of touch with the current mental health infrastructure. As such, I am interested in the application of technology to broaden that infrastructure. This line of research has garnered an empirical investigation about a) the degree to which we are testing computerized interventions on generalizable populations and b) the ethical implications of offering computerized interventions to high risk populations. Currently, I am developing an online DBT skills program for suicidal individuals who drink to regulate their emotions.