Marivi Navarro’s Bio

I started my Master’s in Clin­i­cal Psy­chol­ogy and PhD stud­ies at Jaume I Uni­ver­sity (Castel­lon, Spain). In 2007, I was awarded a fel­low­ship to sup­port my involve­ment in a clin­i­cal trial aimed to eval­u­ate Dialec­ti­cal Behav­ior Ther­apy effec­tive­ness for Bor­der­line Per­son­al­ity Dis­or­der (BPD) and Eat­ing Dis­or­ders (ED). This fel­low­ship and my Master’s degree allowed me to work in a clin­i­cal cen­ter in Valen­cia, Spain where I had the oppor­tu­nity to receive DBT train­ing for BPD and ED. After com­plet­ing my fel­low­ship, I was hired as a research assis­tant and research ther­a­pist, and I worked for 4 years in the “Psy­chopathol­ogy, Assess­ment and Treat­ment of Emo­tional Dis­or­ders” research team, directed by Dr. Cristina Botella (Labp­sitec, Uni­ver­si­tat Jaume I). Dur­ing those years I also gained clin­i­cal expe­ri­ence in behav­ioral inter­ven­tions to treat clients with emo­tional dis­or­ders such as anx­i­ety and depression.

Apart from DBT, I have worked on the devel­op­ment of research projects with a focus in clin­i­cal psy­chol­ogy, and I have par­tic­i­pated as a research ther­a­pist in projects eval­u­at­ing Cog­ni­tive Behav­ioral Ther­apy (CBT), use of Infor­ma­tion and Com­mu­ni­ca­tion Tech­nolo­gies (vir­tual real­ity, online ther­apy, and Eco­log­i­cal Momen­tary Assess­ment and Inter­ven­tion with mobile devices) for dif­fer­ent pop­u­la­tions. In 2012, I was awarded a two-year post-doctoral fel­low­ship at Behav­ioral Research & Ther­apy Clin­ics (Uni­ver­sity of Wash­ing­ton) directed by Dr. Mar­sha Line­han. I am cur­rently work­ing on sev­eral projects at BRTC: “DBT Cur­ricu­lum for Train­ing DBT Clinician-Scientists”, “Eval­u­a­tion of Train­ing in Dialec­ti­cal Behav­ior Ther­apy”, and “Treat­ment of Sui­ci­dal and Self-Injurious Ado­les­cents with Emo­tional Dys­reg­u­la­tion”. My tasks are mainly related to man­ag­ing clin­i­cal trial data, men­tor­ing under­grad­u­ate and grad­u­ate stu­dents, super­vis­ing research assis­tants, teach­ing research sem­i­nars, and dis­sem­i­nat­ing our DBT clinician-scientist pro­gram to other aca­d­e­mic programs.