Theoretical and Empirical Journal Articles:
- Harned, M. S. & Linehan, M. M. (in press). Integrating Dialectical Behavior Therapy and Prolonged Exposure to treat co-occurring borderline personality disorder and PTSD: Two case studies. Cognitive and Behavioral Practice.
- Wagner, A. W., Rizvi, S. L., & Harned, M. S. (2007). Applications of Dialectical Behavior Therapy to the treatment of complex trauma-related problems: When one case formulation does not fit all. Journal of Traumatic Stress, 20,391–400.
- Najavits, L. M., Harned, M. S., Gallop, R. J., Butler, S. F., Barber, J. P. Thase, M. E., & Crits-Christoph, P. (2007). Six-month treatment outcomes of cocaine-dependent patients with and without PTSD in a multisite national trial. Journal of Studies on Alcohol and Drugs, 68, 353–361.
- Harned, M. S., Najavits, L. M., & Weiss, R. D. (2006). Self-harm and suicidal behavior in women with comorbid PTSD and substance dependence. American Journal on Addictions, 15, 392–395.
- Harned, M. S., Banawan, S. F., & Lynch, T. R. (2006). Dialectical behavior therapy: An emotion-focused treatment for borderline personality disorder. Journal of Contemporary Psychotherapy, 36, 67–75.
- Dexter-Mazza, E. T., Harned, M. S., Wagner, J. R., & Kuo, J. (2006). Dialectical behavior therapy for borderline personality disorder. Directions in Mental Health Counseling, 16, 13–27.
- Harned, M. S. (2005). Understanding women’s labeling of unwanted sexual experiences with dating partners: A qualitative analysis. Violence Against Women, 11,374–413.
- Harned, M. S. (2004). Does it matter what you call it? The relationship between labeling unwanted sexual experiences and distress. Journal of Consulting and Clinical Psychology, 72,1090–1099.
- Harned, M. S. (2002). A multivariate analysis of risk markers for dating violence victimization. Journal of Interpersonal Violence, 17(11),1179–1197.
- Harned, M. S., & Fitzgerald, L. F. (2002). Understanding a link between sexual harassment and eating disorder symptoms: A mediational analysis. Journal of Consulting and Clinical Psychology, 70(5),1170–1181.
- Harned, M. S., Ormerod, A. J., Palmieri, P. A., Collinsworth, L. L., & Reed, M. (2002). Sexual assault by workplace personnel and other types of sexual harassment: A comparison of antecedents and consequences. Journal of Occupational Health Psychology, 7(2), 174–188.
- Harned, M. S. (2001). Abused women or abused men? An examination of the context and outcomes of dating violence. Violence & Victims, 16(3),269–285.
- Harned, M. S. (2000). Harassed bodies: An examination of the relationships among women’s experiences of sexual harassment, body image, and eating disturbances. Psychology of Women Quarterly, 24, 336–348
- Najavits, L. M., Liese, B. S., & Harned, M. S. (2004). Cognitive and behavioral therapies. In J. Lowinson, P. Ruiz, R. B. Millman, & J. G. Langrod (Eds.), Substance Abuse: A Comprehensive Textbook (4th ed.). Baltimore: Williams & Wilkins.
- Fitzgerald, L. F., Collinsworth, L. L., & Harned, M. S. (2001). Sexual harassment. In J. Worell (Ed.), Encyclopedia of Women and Gender: Sex Similarities and Differences and the Impact of Society on Gender (pp. 991‑1004). Boston, MA: Academic Press.