The following information will guide you through the process of Accreditation when that becomes available. Exploring this page will help inform you as to what is required as well as help you assess your readiness for application. Currently there is a mechanism for registering your interest in pursuing Accreditation by visiting the “Contact Us” page.
Dialectical Behavioral Therapy, a team based treatment, is often conducted in a programmatic setting. Accrediting an overall program’s capacity to deliver the treatment in a manner most similar to the way DBT was studied in randomized controlled trials becomes an important means by which stakeholders can discern effective programs from ones in which efficacy is unknown. Accreditation, therefore, seeks to establish an objective means to insure a program’s fidelity to the DBT model.
You may apply for accreditation if:
- Your program provides all four primary modes of DBT:
- individual treatment provided by one primary DBT therapist
- enhancement of capabilities, i.e., skills training
- skills generalization, i.e., phone call coaching
- consultation team
- One or more team members (including Team Leader) is Certified or eligible for DBT certification.
- Your program is currently providing services to a designated group of clients.
Complete the Program Elements of Treatment Questionnaire to see if your program is ready to apply!