Erlandsen and Associates is currently seeking a Civil Engineer-in-Training (EIT) to support our full engineering team in our East Wenatchee Office. The successful candidate will work on multidiscipline projects performing independent engineering calculations and design, using specialized technical skills, experience and engineering judgment to transform concept designs into construction drawings and technical specifications. The work may include residential, commercial, street improvements, utility plans, freeway, roadway design, construction documents and all supporting documentation. The position may also include field inspection duties.
Other duties include:
- Coordinate projects with supervisors.
- Provide sketches and/or detailed layout information to design staff for incorporation into the construction drawings.
- Design, prepare and analyze preliminary and final plans in AutoCAD Civil 3D software.
- Analyze maps, reports, drawings, as-builts and test results for design projects.
- Prepare and/or direct preparation and modification of reports, specifications and designs for project.
- Provide project-specific technical information to the Project Manager for incorporation into the project specifications.
- Some travel may be required.
CEE students, especially international students:
Please be aware, if you’re not already, that there have been various scam phone calls targeting international students recently. Please scroll down and read below. It’s reported that there is a another version of the scam call from “the Chinese Consulate,” asking the receiver to provide private info in order to pick up a package or to support his or her legal status in the US. Please beware!
Criminals Stealing Money from International Students by Phone
Be careful if you receive a call from someone who claims to be from the U.S. government or the police and demands money. These calls are fake, and are from criminals. They want to scare you and steal your money!
- Do not give payment information by phone to someone calling you with threats: credit card numbers, online account transfer information, or other personal financial information!
- Do not buy gift cards to pay someone calling or emailing you with threats!
- Do not give personal info to someone calling or emailing with threats: copies of your immigration documents, UW account info and password, social media info, etc.
- Do not agree to meet an unknown caller at a strange address (parking lot, grocery store, etc.)
The U.S. government and law enforcement agencies never demand money by phone. These types of calls are from professional thieves — they use computer software to make their caller ID appear real, but they are not real police officers or U.S. government workers. These are called “scams”–attempts to steal money by lying. Continue reading
CEE juniors and seniors considering graduate school: Look into NSF Graduate Research Fellowship Programs! (Sorry, the info sessions listed below were last week, but applications are due in August, so you have time to check the out. Can be full graduate tuition.
Dear Advisers and Colleagues,
Please let students in social science and STEM fields know about the upcoming application cycle and information sessions for the National Science Foundation Graduate Research Fellowship Program (NSF GRFP). NSF GRFP is one of the premier opportunities to fund graduate study, providing 3 years of funding which includes a $34,000 annual stipend and full cost of tuition/fees. Current undergrads and bachelor’s alumni planning for graduate study, as well as current graduate students may be eligible to apply. Further details and a forward-able message are below. Please share widely!
Although the name may suggest that only STEM students are eligible, the list of eligible fields is quite diverse. This is not the complete list of eligible fields, but just some examples (see the complete list here.)
- SOCIAL SCIENCES – Archaeology, Anthropology, Communications, Decision Making and Risk analysis, Economics (except Business Administration), Geography, History and Philosophy of Science, International Relations, Law and Social Science, Linguistics, Political Science, Public Policy, Science Policy, Sociology (except Social Work), Urban and Regional Planning
- STEM EDUCATION AND LEARNING RESEARCH
- COMPUTER AND INFORMATION SCIENCE AND ENGINEERING
- LIFE SCIENCES
- MATERIALS RESEARCH
- MATHEMATICAL SCIENCES
- PHYSICS AND ASTRONOMY
This email just arrived from one of our recent graduates, Kim Tsai who works for The Walsh Group. The message is straightforward…if interested you can forward a resume direct to Kim (firstname.lastname@example.org). She is willing to pass resumes along to those in the company that will make hiring decisions. And…it appears they will be hiring.
We landed Tacoma Light Rail ($108 million), so we may be looking to hire as soon as we get NTP! I don’t know much about the project yet, but let me know if any soon-to-be graduates or long-time graduates are looking for full-time work. I can’t guarantee anything, but I can always pass resumes along.
Hope you are doing well,
Equilibria is searching to fill a full time structural engineering position located in Mukilteo, Washington. Equilibria is a small structural engineering firm established in 2013 that has experienced consistent growth in the current market. Equilibria primarily specializes in custom residential construction, as well as light commercial structures. Equilibria works with all types of building materials including wood, concrete, masonry and steel. Work will be performed under the supervision of a licensed Structural Engineer.
- The engineer will be responsible for a variety of structural engineering services including:
- Analysis and design of various building framing and foundation systems in wood, structural steel, reinforced concrete and masonry.
- Development of construction documents including drawings, details and specifications in AutoCAD
- Site visits, existing structural assessments and inspections (primarily office based, but occasionally site visits are required)
- Work with contractors, architects and owners to deliver excellent client service.