OneClickdigital is a digital audiobook download service from
RecordedBooks.com. Once patrons set up a OneClickdigital account, they
can checkout, download and listen to audiobooks on their computer, iPod,
or Android powered device.
The UW Libraries has purchased many OneClickdigital titles in the
Pimsleur Language courses to start our collection. With this purchase,
we have access to the OneClickdigital platform and selectors are now
able to purchase individual titles from the OneClickdigital collection.
Create a OneClickDigital account
- If you are off-campus, you will need to log in to off-campus access first.
- Either click on a title in the UW Libraries catalog or go to the OneClickDigital home page here: http://uwashington.oneclickdigital.com/Home/Newly%20Added.aspx. On either of the OneClickDigital pages, there will be a link in the top right corner that says “create an account”.
Download the OneClickDigial Media Manager
- Links to the download can be found on the right side of the page, about halfway down on individual title pages or by clicking on “getting started” on the OneClickDigital home page. Choose the version you need (Windows, Mac, etc.), depending on your computer. We recommend that most Windows users select to use the OneClickdigital Media Manager as their method to download audiobooks and transfer them onto their portable devices. For Portable Device Type, if using any Apple device or iPod, select Apple Device, for any other device select “Other”.
- The download process will create a shortcut to the Media Manager on your desktop and also put it in your start menu under Start > All Programs > Recorded Books
Open the Media Manager and sign in
- Use the account info you created when you set up your OneClickDigital account (not your UW NetID).
Check out a book
- Go to the webpage for an individual title and click on “check out now” on the right side of the page. Books can be checked out for 10 days, and can only be checked out and accessed by one person at a time. If the book you want is checked out by someone else, you can put yourself on a hold list for the title. Your book will now be in the Media Manager application and you can find it under the check outs tab.
- You can listen to your audiobook either by using the Media Manager to listen to your book directly from your computer or by downloading it to a device such as an iPod or Android-based device. If you are downloading books to your Apple device (iPod, iPad, etc), you must have iTunes installed. The books will not show up in your iTunes library.
- If you have already done steps 1 and 2 and checked out a book, you can access it directly later by launching the Media Manager. Look for the shortcut on your computer desktop or you can find it under Start > All Programs > Recorded Books.