The Fu Lab is a research group in the Department of Chemistry at the University of Washington. Our research focuses on developing novel optical spectroscopy and microscopy techniques to perform quantitative measurements of chemical species in living biological systems. We apply these precision chemical measurements to various disease models (such as cancer, Alzheimer’s, and metabolic diseases etc. in C. elegans, zebrafish or mice) as well as tissue from human patients to provide insights into detailed mechanism of disease progression, to develop more accurate and cost-effective early disease diagnosis tools, and to implement new drug-screening methods.
- May 2017: Dan Fu received the Beckman Young Investigators Award. Thank you to the Arnold and Mabel Beckman Foundation. Congratulations Dan!
- April 2017: Another grant was funded by Safeway Early Career Award. Thank You Safeway and Fred Hutch/UW Cancer Consortium!
- March 2017: “Label-Free Chemical Imaging of Latent Fingerprints with Stimulated Raman Scattering Microscopy” is published in Analytical Chemistry. Congrats to Benjamin Figueroa as first author, as well as the other members of the group: YIkai Chen, Kyla Berry, Andrew Francis, and Dan Fu. Good work!
- March 2017: Nora Munger was awarded the Eugene S. Mindlin Fund for her first year of graduate study at UW. Congratulations Nora!
- March 2017: Benjamin Figueroa won the NSF Graduate Research Fellowship, which will fund his research for the next 3 years. Congratulations Ben!
- February 2017: Andrew Francis passes his second year exam. Congratulations Andrew!
- December 2016: Rishika Das joined Fu group as undergraduate student. Welcome Rishika!
- Nov 2016: Our first grant was funded by UW Royalty Research Fund. Thank You UW!
- October 2016: Nora Munger joined Fu group as G1 student. Welcome Nora!
- Dec, 2015: First year graduate student Ben joined the lab. Welcome, Ben!
- Dec, 2015: First year graduate student Andrew joined the lab. Welcome, Andrew!
- Sep, 2015: Junior undergraduate student Kyla joined the lab. Welcome, Kyla!
- Aug, 2015: Senior undergraduate student Tai joined the lab. Welcome, Tai!
- Aug, 2015: The FU lab officially opened.