Interested in joining the lab?
MCCL welcomes inquiries from graduate and undergraduate students from a variety of majors who wish to participate in lab activities. Expectations include:
• Participation in weekly lab meetings and small group project meetings as needed
• Assistance with research tasks such as subject recruitment, data collection and data entry
• Minimum commitment of at least one academic year
To be considered for lab membership students should possess some combination of the following qualifications:
• Advanced coursework in at least one of the following areas with supporting coursework in at least one additional area: (1) music theory, music history and/or music psychology/cognition; (2) cognitive psychology, cognitive neuroscience, speech/hearing or neurobiology; (3) quantitative research methodology and/or statistics
• Music performance, audio or video editing, and/or computer programming experience
• Strong writing skills
Inquiries are also welcome from students attending other colleges and universities who will be in Seattle for an extended period (usually a minimum of one UW academic term).
Further information can be found here: Prospective MCCL Member Traits.pdf
All inquiries should be directed to Prof. Steven Morrison