You asked, we listened: grade change requests now online

Cat­a­lyst Web Grade­Book, released about two years ago, brought online grade sub­mis­sion to UW fac­ulty mem­bers and their grade del­e­gates. How­ever, fac­ulty who needed to sub­mit a grade change still had to rely on the paper Change of Grade request form or sub­mit a signed memo on let­ter­head. Not any more!

Fac­ulty and staff on all three cam­puses how now have a con­ve­nient way to sub­mit grade-change requests online whether for one stu­dent, a hand­ful, or a whole class. The Change of Grade (CoG) request form, devel­oped by the Office of the Uni­ver­sity Reg­is­trar (OUR), was designed to com­ple­ment the func­tion­al­ity offered within Web Grade­Book. Links to the CoG form can be found within Web GradeBook’s doc­u­men­ta­tion, as well as on the OUR website.

The online form offers a num­ber of ben­e­fits com­pared to the paper-based process:

  • Avail­able any­time, any­where - Grade-change requests may be made 24 hours a day; no need to wait on cam­pus mail deliv­ery or walk to Schmitz Hall. And since your UW NetID login pro­vides all the needed ver­i­fi­ca­tion of your iden­tity, you can sub­mit requests from any com­puter with inter­net access.
  • Cen­tral­ized sub­mis­sions — The form allows requests to be sub­mit­ted by staff on behalf of fac­ulty, which sim­pli­fies the grad­ing process in some depart­ments. Sub­mis­sions are tracked by UW NetID so their authen­tic­ity can be verified.
  • Less typ­ing — The form can auto­mat­i­cally enter much of your con­tact infor­ma­tion from the UW’s data­base to cut down on data entry.
  • More secure — Infor­ma­tion is encrypted on the server to ensure only autho­rized OUR users have access to the information.

As with the paper-based grade-change request cards, online sub­mis­sions are reviewed and processed man­u­ally by staff in the Grad­u­a­tion and Aca­d­e­mic Records Office: Sub­mis­sions are not auto­mat­i­cally input in the Stu­dent Data­base. The nor­mal two business-day pro­cess­ing time still applies.

The OUR encour­ages you to start sub­mit­ting your grade changes online. Ques­tions about the new form may be directed to the Grad­u­a­tion and Aca­d­e­mic Records office.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *