With the feedback and testing help of UWSOM staff, faculty and students, the School of Medicine has chosen to use the MyMediasite system as our supported tool of choice for desktop video recording.
MyMediasite is a component of the Mediasite video platform already in heavy use in the UWSOM curriculum. By using MyMediasite to enable faculty to create their own video and screen recordings, we will standardize on a single, unified platform for video content in the curriculum. Presentations can consist of screen recording, with or without accompanying video, OR an uploaded video file created with other tools.
To get started
- Create and validate your profile.
- Go to the UWSOM MyMediasite Portal and log in with your UW NetID and password. When prompted for an email address, use your @uw.edu address. (If your @uw.edu address is not your primary email address, you first should check your email forwarding.)
- Open your email and follow the link to validate your profile.
- Download, install and register the recorder. Go to the download page to download the software, install it on your computer, and register it with our Mediasite server. *Note: You may have to contact your system administrator to install the software on your office computer.
- You are ready to start recording. Just return to the UWSOM MyMediasite Portal and click “Create Presentation.” Recorded content will publish automatically to your drafts folder. Soon you will be given access to folders for the block(s) you are teaching in so you can move your presentation into the shared collection.
To learn more about MyMediasite
Tutorial videos about MyMediasite:
- My Mediasite Portal Overview
- My Mediasite Presentation Management
- Mediasite Desktop Recorder Installation
- Mediasite Desktop Recorder Tutorial
- Mediasite Editor Tutorial
- Adding Mediasite content to a Canvas Page
For questions and support, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.