SIBCR is seeking a full-time Research Assistant. For questions regarding this position, please contact: email@example.com.
The Research Assistant will support day-to-day operations for a large clinical intervention trial comparing three non-pharmacological treatments (mindfulness meditation, hypnosis, and education) for chronic pain. The position is based at the VA Puget Sound Health Care System (VAPSHCS) and will be primarily based at the American Lake Division in Tacoma, WA. Some travel to the VAPSHCS– Seattle Division and the University of Washington campus in Seattle will be required.
The Research Assistant will have an opportunity to participate as a co-author on study papers useful for those applying to graduate school.
Essential Job Responsibilities:
Under supervision and guidance from Investigators and Supervisory Research Study Coordinators, the Research Assistant will assume the following responsibilities:
- Conduct day-to-day clinical trial administration tasks, including subject recruitment, screening, study procedures (e.g., informed consent, assessments, scheduling of intervention appointments and study procedures), data collection and entry, maintenance of records.
- Assist as requested with the maintenance of study regulatory records, preparation of study documents for audits and site visits, maintaining approval of study from the VAPSHCS Institutional Review Board (IRB).
- Maintain computer access, required trainings.
- Maintain confidentiality of subject records
- Gather, record, organize, transcribe, enter and verify accuracy of research study data using Microsoft Access and SPSS.
- Assist with the clerical and administrative support of the project.
- Establish and maintain positive collaborations with study participants, investigators, and research and/or analytical staff at host or collaborating institutions.
- Perform related duties as required.
Bachelor’s level training in a relevant academic area
- Strong organizational, writing and interpersonal skills
- Experience as a research assistant/associate working on a clinical trial
- Experience in a psychosocial research setting
- Experience using SPSS
- Ability to work independently
- Excellent ability to pay attention to details
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite
DOE (commensurate with experience) plus fringe.
Salary will be dependent upon experience. SIBCR offers excellent benefits (http://www.sibcr.org/employee-resources.html).
Please send resume and cover letter to: Human Resources, firstname.lastname@example.org .
Seattle Institute for Biomedical and Clinical Research is an Equal Opportunity Employer.