Good Afternoon Soon-to-be-Graduates,
There are just a few weeks left of your final quarter in the program! In light of your busy schedules, here’s a quick reminder of the steps required to graduate this quarter:
Master’s Degree Request
You must submit your master’s degree request online with the Graduate School. This can be done starting on the first day of the quarter in which you intend to graduate and no later than Sunday of the seventh week of the quarter. If you do not file master’s degree request by this deadline, you may pay the $250 degree late fee and apply up until the Sunday of the ninth week of the quarter. Learn more about this policy.
If you have any difficulties completing the Master’s Degree Request on the Web, please contact Graduate Enrollment Management Services (GEMS) at uwgrad or 206–685-2630. In addition, if for some reason you do not complete your graduate program requirements during Summer quarter, you must complete another Master’s Degree Request for the Graduate School indicating the revised quarter in which you expect to complete requirements.
Each student is required to audit his or her completed coursework using Form A (located on Sharepoint) and a copy of your unofficial transcript to ensure all of the requirements of your program have been met. Please submit this form along with your final clock hours, described below.
Students must also submit a printed final copy of his or her total clinical clock hours for the program. This information can be found in Typhon. The graphical case logs total report is preferred. IMPORTANT: in order for this report to be accurate, it should not be printed until after your final hours are approved.
The exit surveys you received on July 18th are mandatory. We will not process graduation for anyone who has not completed the exit survey by August 22nd, 2014.
Thesis students must successfully complete the following additional steps prior to the end of Summer quarter:
1. Present & defend your completed research
2. Submit your warrant to your Graduate Program Adviser (this will be provided to your thesis mentor prior to your defense)
3. Complete the Master’s Supervisory Committee Approval Form. Submit the original copy to the Graduate School and a copy to your Graduate Program Adviser.
4. Submit your thesis electronically to the Graduate School. Pay close attention to the format for required pages. See examples.
Students will receive program verification documentation for ASHA, OSPI, and DOH (as appropriate) on the Tuesday following the last day of Summer quarter (August 26th this year). This documentation becomes the responsibility of the student and fees will be incurred if additional copies need to be made. If you need to make alternate arrangements for the delivery of these items (e.g., you need them mailed to you) please respond to this message with detailed information including the mailing address you would like the documents sent to. I can send electronic copies of the OSPI and DOH letters when necessary. The ASHA Program Verification Form needs to be an original document for your ASHA application.
At the end of the quarter in which you graduate:
1. Please update your contact information and mailing address in MyUW.
2. Please clean out your locker in Eagleson Hall.
3. Please return any department keys or building fobs to the receptionist at the front desk.
4. Keep in touch with the department by finding us on LinkedIn and Facebook!
Let me know if you have any questions!