HERMISTON SCHOOL DISTRICT
8R Job Posting Title: SPEECH LANGUAGE PATHOLOGIST
The Hermiston School District is seeking a full-time Speech Language Pathologist. The successful candidate will provide or assist with identification, diagnostic, therapeutic, and follow-up services for speech, language and/or hearing impaired children. This includes direct instruction, parent and teacher counseling and training, IEP’s, utilization of support aides, and related professional disciplines and the reporting of all services performed. Position begins with the 2017-2018 school year.
- Master’s Degree in Communication Disorders/Sciences. Consideration may be given for Clinical Fellowship (CFY).
- Possess and maintain valid Speech-Language Pathology licensure through Teacher Standards and Practices and/or Oregon Board of Examiners.
- American Speech-Language and Hearing Association (ASHA) Certification, desired.
- Previous experience with Speech-Language therapy in an educational setting desired.
- Excellent command of oral and written English language and the ability to communicate and work effectively with others.
- Valid driver’s license and reliable transportation for on-the-job travel.
- Ability to effectively work and communicate with students, parents, and school personnel from diverse cultures or backgrounds.
- Maintain knowledge of current special education procedures, rules, and laws in additional to Oregon statutes regarding Speech-Language Therapy practice.
- Maintain integrity of confidential information relating to students, staff, or district patrons.
- Such alternatives to the above qualifications as the District may find appropriate and acceptable
Application Procedures: The applicant must digitally supply the following items online through Recruit & Hire:
- On-line application form
- Cover Letter
- Professional Resume
- Letters of Recommendation (3 required) It is the responsibility of the applicant to ensure his/her application is complete.
About the District:
The Hermiston School District is the largest district in eastern Oregon, exceeding 5,600 students, and continues to experience steady enrollment growth. It serves students in grades kindergarten through 12 with a broad range of programs from foundational learning skills to comprehensive vocational programs to an exhaustive array of postsecondary college credit bearing opportunities. The school district includes a 9-12 senior high school, two 6-8 middle schools, five K-5 elementary schools, an alternative school, and a robust online learning program option for students and families.
Support for the school district has been strong from the community. In 2001 voters approved a $39 million building program which included the remodel of the high school, an additional elementary school, and various district-wide renovations. The voters also approved a $69.9 million bond in 2008 which served to replace Armand Larive Middle School, West Park Elementary, and Sunset Elementary. The District employs over 530 full time staff that includes approximately 315 teachers and over 220 classified, support, and supervisory personnel, making it one of the largest employers in the city of Hermiston. A nationally-recognized community that embraces its diversity, the district serves some 28,000 residents, where one-third of the population is Hispanic.
The school district prides itself on the academic achievement of its students, successful athletic programs, nationallyrecognized club and activity organizations, and its exhaustive list of academic and elective opportunities available to students. The District’s partnership with community organizations has been central to its continued success, highlighted by support groups who have provided nearly a half a million dollars to assist students and programs through such venues as the Hermiston Sports Booster Club, Hermiston Education Foundation, Band Boosters, FFA Alumni, and the community sponsorship of the student homebuilding program, to name a few.
Hermiston School District has a comprehensive and vibrant Vision 2025 plan, which outlines the direction for the District. HSD provides quality professional development for staff in a variety of areas, including constructing meaning, common formative assessments, research-based literacy strategies and Professional Learning Communities (PLC’s). These components, along with an emphasis on small class sizes, cutting edge technology, and comprehensive curriculum support, make Hermiston school District a great place to work.
About the Community:
The city of Hermiston is a vibrant and growing community of over 18,000 residents located at the crossroads of the Pacific Northwest, situated near the intersection of I-84 and I-82, just minutes from a Columbia River port and 30 minutes from the Tri-Cities in Washington. Hermiston and the entire Umatilla County area have excellent potential for growth in commercial, industrial, agricultural, as well as residential development. Hermiston boasts over 100 acres for community use, volleyball courts, soccer fields, baseball diamonds, children’s play areas, barbeque and picnic areas and more. Located within 10 minutes of downtown Hermiston, both Umatilla and Echo have challenging golf courses. The Columbia River offers tournament level fishing, as well as many water sports including swimming, wind surfing, and boating. Other fishing waters include the Umatilla River, Cold Springs Reservoir and many ponds. Nearby is Hat Rock State Park, and the Blue Mountains are within an hour drive, affording a wide variety of fishing, hunting and camping activities. In the winter, the mountains are home to excellent snow skiing, tubing, snowmobiling and sledding.
The Hermiston School District offers an extremely competitive salary and benefits package which includes PERS retirement employer-paid pick-up, tuition reimbursement, and a comprehensive health and benefits package. The contract year for this position is 198 days, including 3 paid holidays. Position begins August, 2017.
Salary Range 2016-17: $43,136- $86,101 (198 contract days) depending upon education level and previous experience.
- Generous monthly insurance allowance
- District-paid employee life insurance
- District-paid PERS pick up
- Comprehensive tuition reimbursement program The Hermiston School District is an Equal Opportunity Employer
If anyone is interested, they can access our on-line application here: http s://hermiston.tedk12.com/hire/ViewJob.aspx?JobID=440
They will find additional information about our dist rict here: http://hermiston.k12.or.us/