The applicant needs the following experience:
License or Certification:
· Current State license in Physical Therapy, Occupational Therapy, or Speech Language Pathology. CPR certification preferred unless otherwise required by hospital policy.
Education, Training and Experience
· Successfully completed a Bachelor’s degree or higher from an accredited therapy program.
· Additional training with a Master’s or Doctor’s degree in either professional or management area is preferred.
· Minimum five years of rehabilitation experience which includes two years in management is required.
The department has around 50 employees, about 27 full time and 23 PRN employees.
Essential Job Functions:
· Develops, revises, communicates and implements policies and procedures, and holds staff accountable to their roles and responsibilities.
· Advises CEO on staff and equipment required for effective program operation.
· Uses historical data and emerging trends to accurately forecast operational revenues and expenses.
· Makes recommendations based on internal and external market conditions for potential salary adjustments.
· Stays abreast of research, products, evidence-based Medicine, and new developments in rehabilitation.
· Communicates with doctors and community residents to identify rehabilitation needs and develops business case for needed program development. Takes leadership in program development including accreditations such as disease specific certification.
· Educates staff and community on new capabilities in collaboration with marketing department. Educates the community on prevention, awareness, and treatment options.
· Participates in hospital audits and ensures corrective actions as indicated.
· Monitors and interprets data on patient outcomes, satisfaction and safety. Targets processes for improvement and leads implementation of process improvement.
· Provides resources for program-based peer support groups.
· Develops/supports clinical affiliations and relationships with educational institutions.
· Occasionally may provide patient care (see attached discipline-specific addendum).
· Locates and utilizes current corporate, regional and hospital tools and resources efficiently and effectively.
· Partners with the HR department to understand how employment laws affect situations within the department and ensures adherence to all applicable policies and procedures.
· Assists HR in ensuring current licensure and certifications for all licensed or certified staff and maintains professional licensure and certifications.
· Completes mandatory training and courses required by completion date.
· Reports questionable situations, concerns, complaints or harassment immediately.
· Has in-depth knowledge of state, federal, professional, program reimbursement, and business standards, legal issues, documentation requirements, regulatory requirements, and applies them to program operations and departments. Takes responsibility and acts as a resource to therapy on business standards and regulations and communicates how standards apply to department positions. Educates and communicates updates and changes in standards to the staff.
· Monitors staff performance for compliance and provides positive reinforcement.
· Establishes and monitors department processes such as scheduling, staffing, communications, and patient programs including plan for patient treatment including intake, admission, scheduling, and communication.
· Establishes and monitors plan for patient education and discharge including use of patient education software and HS products, patient and family instruction, continuum of care, equipment recommendation, home program recommendations and recommendations for community support.
Salary range is $90,000 to $110,000, depending on experience. Eligible for quarterly bonus ranging from $0 — $15,000.
Email resume: email@example.com
Murdock Recruiting, Inc.