NextSeattle: Innovating for Urban Social Change
(A new opportunity for undergraduates)
Applications due: June 12, 2015
Are you interested in working on important issues that face our city, nation, and the world? Come work with peers and expert mentors to learn new skills and begin to develop solutions to urban challenges such as:
- Equity and access to public space;
- Youth and homelessness;
- Public transportation as a public good;
- How healthy are we?
- Urban mapping of public services/What resources where?;
- Big data for social good;
- Access to job training and skill building;
- What do we know about the air we breathe and the water we drink?
NextSeattle: Innovating for Urban Social Change is a 2-credit workshop offered Sept. 25–28, 2015 on the UW Seattle campus, providing undergraduates from all disciplines an opportunity to learn from regional innovators and develop an interdisciplinary team-based idea of their own. See website for more information and a link to a brief student application. Questions? Email: firstname.lastname@example.org