For sign-ups and details about joining choirs in the 2017-2018 year, click here.
How to Sign Up for an Audition
There are two steps:
- First, please tell us about yourself and your musical background on the sign-up form.
- Upon completion of this form, you will be prompted to click a link to sign up for an audition time. (Be sure your choice is saved by clicking the “Save Now” button in the top right corner of the spreadsheet.)
- Your audition should last approximately 8 minutes.
- The audition will consist of the performance of a prepared song (which can be a simple folk song), vocal warmups, and sometimes a sight-singing diagnostic (based on which choir you are interested in).
- Please come to Room 213 in the Music Building at the time of your audition.
- If you have further questions, please feel free to email Dr. Wyers or Sarah Riskind.
After the Audition
- After we have heard all those auditioning, callback lists are created.
- You will be called back for the ensemble we feel fits you best. You may be called back to more than one ensemble, and should attend both callbacks.
- Once the personnel of the ensemble has been finalized, add codes will be given out and you can register.
- Callbacks for the 2017-2018 year will all take place in the beginning of the Fall 2017 quarter.
Callback Schedule for 2017
Callbacks for Chamber Singers TBD
Callbacks for University Chorale TBD
Callbacks for Recital Choir TBD
If you were a member of an auditioned ensemble last year and wish to continue this year, you do not need to audition again, but must attend callbacks.