mr. god

I’ve been debating gay marriage rights with my uncle on Facebook. He recently replied with a bit about how loving it was of God to create the world for us, and ought we not obey him and his detestation of homosexuality?

Here was my reply (just under the 800 character posted item reply limit!):

“Hi, I’m God. I created this world for you. It’s complex, I admit. There’s pleasure, there’s pain. Your purpose won’t always be clear. But I think it’s pretty cool.

“The thing is, there are some problems. See, some of you will do everything right and die. Some of you will do everything wrong and live. Also, some of you will want to do harmless things, but if you do them, you’ll go to hell, i.e., two men sleeping together. If you’re intersexed, you’re screwed.

“And some of you will do things that will harm lots, and I’ll praise you for it! For example, those gays I mentioned? Don’t treat them the same. I know, they’re not hurting anyone, but it’s just wrong, okay? They deserve to suffer more than you do.

“No, I won’t tell you why, it’s not important. It just is. Look, if you’re having a hard time, it’s not my fault. 

“Oh wait! Yes it is! 

“Look, just follow the rules. If you do, you get eternal happiness. If you don’t, you’re screwed. Good luck!”

This is sadism, not love.