Hello CEE Juniors –
As you prepare for SPR19 registration, we wanted to highlight a few items of interest:
- CEE 3XX Track Classes: As in WIN19, you will be registering on your own for SPR19. Please make sure to stay within your track. If you intend to go off-track, make sure you have discussed your plan with an advisor.
We are in the process of moving some things around so make sure to double check the time schedule course notes as we approach the Feb 15th period I registration
- Structures Focus: If you are intending to focus in Structures, it is imperative that you take CEE 456 in spring quarter of your Junior year as indicated on the BSCE Senior Year Planning Sheet.
- Senior Year Planning: We will be hosting Faculty Mentoring Sessions in April.
Hi CEE undergrads,
I am offering the Advanced Surveying course again this spring (CEE498A/CEWA599B/CEW599E).
This course will cover several modern surveying techniques that can be used for a range of engineering and scientific applications. We will focus on high-resolution digital topographic mapping and 3D model generation using the following approaches: global navigation satellite systems (GNSS/GPS), close-range Structure from Motion (SfM) with consumer cameras, SfM with small unmanned aerial systems (sUAS AKA drones), and terrestrial laser scanning (TLS AKA ground-based lidar).
The detailed syllabus is here: https://drive.google.com/open?id=1YZRd6Lm_55ifhLs4GWryK41jetzRzhxjB65Yv5LBi1A
If you are potentially interested in taking the course, please fill out the following registration survey: https://tinyurl.com/y84s2dbv. I will review responses and distribute add codes before/during spring registration. Continue reading
CEE Undergraduate Weekly (1.24.19) “Spring Quarter Registration Edition”
We hope you all had a great time at last week’s CEE Career Fair and were able to make some valuable connections.
This week, we want to focus on registration for SPR19, including a few important updates and course announcements. As always, let us know if you have questions and feel free to schedule an appointment below in our signature:
SPR19 Registration & Planning Continue reading
Just a quick update. The Engineering Rome Exploration Seminar (www.engineeringrome.org) is now accepting applications at:
Application Deadline: 1 March 2019
Application Deadline if you want to be considered for scholarships: 15 February 2019 Continue reading
As you will see on Friday (1/25) when the SPR19 time schedule is released, there is a 20 minute conflict between INDE 250: Fundamentals of Engineering Economy and the CEE Capstone Courses.
I have spoken to all of the capstone instructors and they have agreed to allow you take both courses, even with the 20 min conflict.
If you need to take INDE 250 in SPR19, please follow these steps:
Register for INDE 250 on your registration date. (You will not be able to register for your Capstone due to the time conflict)
- Register for INDE 250 on your registration date. (You will not be able to register for your Capstone due to the time conflict)
- Submit an add code request for your Capstone Course: http://tinyurl.com/ceeaddcoderequest
- Once you have received your add code, complete section 1 of the Registration Transaction Form and send it (firstname.lastname@example.org) or drop it off in person to the Office of the Registrar Help Window (Schmitz Hall Second Floor).
***I want to ensure you that you will be able to take whichever Capstone you prefer.
There is no need to worry that the Capstones will fill up.***
CEE Undergraduate Resources
CEE Undergraduate News Blog
CEE Advising Appointments (Ensure your time zone is set to Pacific Standard Time)
**If you do not see a time that works with your schedule, please email email@example.com with your availability.