Research Participants Needed: International Non-Thesis Students Wanted

Dear Graduate Students in Civil and Environmental Engineering programs,

My name is Ziyan Bai, a 2nd year PHD student in College of Education. This quarter I am collecting data for my qualitative research “Exploring Career Pathways of International Students in Fee-based Masters Programs” under the guidance of Dr. Michael Knapp. My research project has been approved by within-course Human Subjects Review at the College of Education.

To proceed with my research, I need to interview (and/or group interview – in a focus group setting) some international students who are currently enrolled in the non-thesis track masters programs. The interview will take 45 minutes and the focus group will take 60 minutes. You can sign up for either of them or both. I have limited time to complete this process, so please do sign up as early as possible if you are interested, so I can coordinate the time and location.

I highly value your time and participation, so there will be two levels of incentives for participation. Level one is for participating in one activity, level two is for two activities. If you have questions concerning the process and incentives, please feel free to email me any time at baiziyan@uw.edu

If you are interested in participating, please go to Catalyst site and sign up at: https://catalyst.uw.edu/webq/survey/baiziyan/259868

I highly appreciate your support in the process! Please feel free to contact me any time!

Faithfully yours,

Ziyan Bai, M.Ed.
PhD Student in Educational Leadership and Policy Studies – Higher Education
College of Education, University of Washington