Interested in competing against other university students for amazing prizes? Then read on to learn about the AWMA PNWIS Student Environmental Challenge, a competition that will be held in Stevenson, Washington on November 4 – November 6, 2015:
Eligibility: The EC competition is open to all students who are registered for the PNWIS Annual Conference and have not been out of school for more than one full year. The competition will be a combined event for graduate and undergraduate students competing equally (Click here to Register for the PNIWS Annual Conference).
Benefits of the PNIWS Annual Conferences:
- Take advantage of the low student registration rate
- Networking opportunities: meet environmental, engineering, manufacturing, regulatory, and legal professionals from all corners of the Pacific Northwest and beyond.
- Attend and participate in talks focused on current developments in environmental science, engineering, law, and regulation.
- Visit exhibitor booths to discover job opportunities and network with consultants, vendors, and other environmental professionals.
- Student activities include: the Environmental Challenge, Student Paper Competition, the Fireside Social, PNWIS Bingo, Career Panel, and more.
- Student volunteers needed! Student volunteers will receive extra benefits.
- Questions or interested in volunteering? Please contact Student Programs Chairs Matt Moroney or Melody Kieneker.
Goals of the 2015 Environmental Challenge:
- Involve students in the Pacific Northwest International Section Annual Conference of the Air & Waste Management Association
- Be a premier networking event for students to connect with internship and job opportunities
- Provide experience in solving complex environmental situations in a fun and supportive atmosphere
- Give students opportunities to display their talents
- Prizes will be $1200 for first place, $1000 for second place, and $800 for third place.
- First place will also receive up to $3000 dollars in travel reimbursements to represent PNWIS at the Environmental Challenge International!
- May, 2015: EC Problem Posted
- October 30, 2015: EC Proposal due by 6 pm
- November 2, 2015: Tweak Sent to Teams after Proposal Submitted
- November 4-6, 2015: PNWIS Annual Conference
- November 4, 2015: EC Orientation (Location TBD)
- November 4-5, 2015: Interactions with EC Role Players
- November 6, 2015: EC Presentations (08:30 AM)
- November 6, 2012: Honors and Awards Luncheon (12:00 PM)
Submit Proposals and questions to: Matt Moroney and Melody Kieneker MMoroney@landauinc.com and Melody.Kieneker@erm.com