KaTO is a design/build studio in Richmond, VA, which engages students of architecture & design, engineering, and building construction to design and construct schools in developing countries. During the summer of 2016, the team will work in Richmond to design a school in Costa Rica, and travel to Costa Rica to visit the community.
The program is a hybrid between a design/build studio, a professional practice work setting, and a study abroad. Students will work as a multi-disciplinary team to create a new design for an underprivileged community, while learning the process of bringing a built project to fruition.
- Cost: $3,250 – includes travel expenses to Costa Rica
- Application: Resume, optional work samples and letter of interest
- Deadline: Friday, March 18th, 2016
- Contact: Send application materials to Marcy Wheeler – March@katoarch.org
- For more information of KaTO 2016 projects, click here.