The Washington State Department of Transportation (WSDOT), Toll Division, is looking to hire an intern for the upcoming school year. They are looking for an energetic individual with an interest in Transportation Engineering. The selected candidate will get hands on experience with toll systems engineering, big data, reporting, and some field work. WSDOT also offers flexible hours and building connections with other departments and engineering entities.
The intern will perform the following work:
Assist the Toll Lane System Operations Team with daily monitoring of all four toll facilities currently operating in Washington State – Tacoma Narrows Bridge, SR 520 Bridge, SR 167 HOT Lanes and I-405 Express Toll Lanes (ETL).
Complete daily reporting of toll data, and assist with toll data requests, as well as ad-hot data reporting and analysis.
Assist with evaluation and operation of Toll Information Technology Systems (ITS). Develop test plans, collect data and analyze results.
Other projects as assigned
For more job details, qualifications, and how to apply
- UW Engineering Major (graduate or undergraduate)- any focus
- Strong computer and typing skills
- Valid driver’s license
Highly Desired Qualifications:
- Interest in Transportation Engineering
- Experience with Microsoft Excel
- Knowledge of Data Analysis
- Programming Skills
- Opening Date: 7/21/2016
- Closing Date: until filled
- Salary: $16 – $20/hr depending on qualifications
- Job Type: 19.5 hrs/week during school quarter, full time on breaks
- Location: Downtown – Seattle, WA
To apply, please submit a resume, cover letter and UW transcript to Sara Myers. For questions regarding this posting and/or to apply, contact information is listed below.
- 401 2nd Ave S – Suite 300 Seattle, WA 98104
- Email: email@example.com
- Phone: 206-716-1107