Welcome back to school! I am writing to let everyone know about a scholarship opportunity for students interested in transportation (and transportation construction) in the Pacific Northwest. The scholarship comes from the Coral Sales Company and has been awarded here at UW for quite some time. The award is $1,000 cash (2 awards given) and the award will be made in November. Here are the applications particulars:
- The recipient must intend to pursue a career in Highway/Transportation Engineering or Highway Construction in the Pacific Northwest (defined as Oregon, Washington, Idaho, Montana, and Alaska).
- Outstanding leadership qualities and participation in extracurricular activities, both civic as well as professional, will be given significant weight.
- The recipient must have lived in the Pacific Northwest (defined as Oregon, Washington, Idaho, Montana, and Alaska) for a period of at least six (6) years.
- Only students with Senior or graduate standing will be considered.
- GPA will not be considered in award of these scholarships. However, applicants must meet the minimum GPA requirements for the College of Engineering.
- Prior Coral Sales Company / Douglas P. Daniels Scholarship Recipients are not eligible (you can only win one)
DUE DATE: FRIDAY, OCTOBER 28TH, 11:59 P.M.
QUESTIONS: ASK ME (STMUENCH@UW.EDU, OR MORE 133C)
If you do not know the Coral Sales Company, they provide highway safety solutions and are based in the Portland, OR area. They have awarded these scholarships since I was in school (I won one back in the day). The care about students and want to help them out in a meaningful way. The winners will, at some point, be treated to lunch with the Coral Sales folks up at the UW Club where the scholarship checks will be awarded.
Tom and Marilyn Draeger / The Beavers Charitable Trust
Department of Civil and Environmental Engineering
University of Washington
Seattle, WA 98195