Would you like to pursue graduate study and/or research at a university in the UK or Ireland? Consider applying for University of Washington nomination to compete for scholarship support for graduate studies/research at colleges in England, Ireland, Wales, and Scotland through the Rhodes, Marshall, Mitchell, Gates Cambridge or Churchill scholarship programs. Short descriptions and links included below for more information.
Applications are open for 2018-19 awards. Open to current juniors, seniors, and graduate students: https://expo.uw.edu/expo/apply/460. UW DEADLINE: April 6, 2017.
UW Information Sessions (all sessions in MGH 171):
- Feb. 16 @ 4:30pm
- Feb. 22 @ 5:30pm – this session will focus on the Churchill Scholarship. UW alum & Churchill Scholar Jared Silvia will join us to share his experience as a Churchill Scholar!
- Feb. 28 @ 12:30pm – this session will focus on the Churchill Scholarship. UW alum & Churchill Scholar Jared Silvia will join us to share his experience as a Churchill Scholar!
- March 2 @ 9:30am
- RSVP at https://expo.uw.edu/expo/rsvp/event/200
Each scholarship has its own eligibility requirements, but in general, applicants should meet the following eligibility considerations:
- 3.7 or higher GPA suggested for all (required for Marshall)
- Gates Cambridge Scholarships are open to students from across the globe. Rhodes Scholarships are limited to citizens and permanent residents of specific countries, including the US, Canada and 26 other countries. Churchill, Marshall & Mitchell scholarships are limited to US citizens.
- Age limit for Mitchell (29 or younger by 9/30/17) and Rhodes (18-23 by 10/1/17).
- Churchill limited to 2017 & 2018 grads. Marshall limited to those graduating after April 2015.
- Bachelor’s degree by August 2018.
Winston Churchill Scholarship
The Churchill supports one year of graduate study in mathematics, science and engineering at Churchill College, Cambridge University, England.
Applicants should have a GPA of 3.7 or higher, and have extensive experience in laboratory research. Applicants must be planning to earn a bachelor’s degree between 12/2016-8/2018.
For more information, please see: http://winstonchurchillfoundation.org/
UW information: http://expd.uw.edu/expo/scholarships/churchill
Gates Cambridge Scholarship
The Gates Cambridge supports one to three years of graduate study (in any discipline) at the University of Cambridge. Students must apply directly and be accepted to the University before they are referred to the Foundation for scholarship consideration. Applicants should have a 3.6 GPA or higher and must receive a bachelor’s degree before beginning study at Cambridge.
For more information, please see: http://www.gatescambridge.org/
UW information: http://expd.uw.edu/expo/scholarships/gatesc
The Marshall provides students up to two years of financial support to study at any university in England, Scotland, Wales or Northern Ireland.
Applicants must have a GPA of 3.7 and must be planning to earn a bachelor’s degree between April 2015-August 2018.
For more information, please see: http://www.marshallscholarship.org/
UW information: http://expd.uw.edu/expo/scholarships/marshall
The Mitchell awards students one year of funding for study at institutions of higher education in Ireland. The scholarship is open to all divisions of study, and students must have a completed bachelor’s degree before beginning study. Application is open to all juniors, seniors and recent graduates who are or will be over age 18 and not yet 30 on Sept. 30, 2017. Applicants should have a 3.5 GPA or higher.
For more information, please see: http://www.us-irelandalliance.org
UW information: http://expd.uw.edu/expo/scholarships/mitchell
The Rhodes Scholarship provides students with funding for two or three years at Oxford University in England. Applicants must have a 3.7 GPA or higher to apply for campus nomination.
UW information: http://expd.uw.edu/expo/scholarships/rhodesa
If you have any questions regarding the listed scholarships, please contact Robin Chang (firstname.lastname@example.org).