The Port of Seattle is currently accepting applications for summer 2017 internships. There are 150 paid summer internships available for high school, college, and graduate students. Explore Port-related industries, learn new skills, gain experience, and connect to opportunities that lead to rewarding careers.
The internships are part-time or full-time, paid summer positions. Interns will be paid $15/hr. All interns must be at least 16 years of age by 06/15/2017. Start dates and end dates are flexible, depending on the student’s schedule and the scope of the work.
- Submit a completed electronic application online at http://www.portseattle.org/Jobs. Fill out the application to the best of your ability, answering as many questions as possible. Applicants can apply for more thtan one internship opportunity; however, they must complete a separate application for each opportunity.
- Please attach a resume and a letter of interest (cover letter) to your application when applying online. Additionally, fill out a list of specific learning objectives within the application and attach or email one letter of recommendation to the HR Outreach Program Manager, Amberine Wilson, immediately after you have submitted your application. Ms. Wilson’s contact information (below) will be included in each of the online internship job postings.
- Should the Port of Seattle want to invite you in for an interview, you will be contacted directly to schedule a date and time.
- Once the interview process is complete, the Port of Seattle will select the top candidate(s) for each of the offered internships.
- If selected for an internship, you will be notified and may be required to complete the Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI) and Transportation Security Administration (TSA) background screening process. Once hired, your manager will collaboratively develop a measurable learning plan for you to achieve based upon the learning objectives you completed within your application. Your learning objectives will also be referenced during a mid-term evaluation meeting and during your exit interview.
Questions? Contact Amberine Wilson, HR Outreach Program Manager, at Wilson.A2@portseattle.org or (206)787-3661.