Be a Cost Engineer with the US Army Corps of Engineers!
At Seattle District you will serve as a Cost Engineer on an interdisciplinary team of engineers responsible for developing construction cost estimates at various stages of planning, design, and construction. Duties of this position include, but are not limited to:
- Prepare cost estimates on a variety of military, civil, and hazardous toxic and
radiological waste (HTRW) projects.
- Work with designers in developing different or less costly methods than those
- Develop construction cost estimates, construction sequencing schedules, cost and schedule risk analysis, and document results in decision document reports at various stages of planning, engineering/design, and construction.
- Construction Estimates vary from programmatic to detail Independent Government
- Understanding of construction methods, procedures, technologies, scheduling, risk identification, crew sizing, and production rates is key to mastering the skill
of Cost Engineering.
Mechanical Specialty will be responsible to be or become the subject matter expert in the Design features that are Mechanical in nature, such as: Building HVAC, water/ sewer/gas distribution and plumbing, Hydroelectric Dam turbines and support mechanical features, etc.Electrical Specialty will be responsible to be or become the subject matter expert in the Design features that are Electrical in nature, such as: Power Generation, Power Systems and Distribution, Communications systems and distribution, and any other miscellaneous Electrical Systems.
Civil Specialty will be responsible to be or become the subject matter expert in the Design features that are Civil in nature, such as: Building Structures and Architectural Features, Horizontal Civil Structures (Roads, Bridges, Culverts, Earthwork, Riprap, etc..), Dams (Concrete and Earthen), Ecosystem Restoration features, Environmental Remediation of HTRW, and related work.
Interested in this position? Contact John Dudgeon (206)764-6758 firstname.lastname@example.org.