The City of Bellevue is currently looking for a transportation design intern to join their team. This position will provide support functions to design engineers and project managers within the design division.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Provide AutoCAD drafting and other design engineering support
- Gather field data such as such as photos, videos, and other field measurements
- Assist with updating drafting standards
- Update and maintain Design Division and individual project SharePoint sites
- Assist in developing and maintaining a construction bid tab unit cost tracking database
WHAT YOU CAN EXPECT:
- Learn and gain relevant experience working on Transportation
- Opportunity to apply what you have learned in school on the job
- Experience to working in an engineering office environment and in the field.
- Learn about municipal government and how it serves its citizens.
- Valid Washington State Driver’s License and acceptable driving record required.
- Familiarity with computers and Microsoft Office required.
- Familiarity with MS SharePoint and AutoCAD preferred.
- Interest in Civil Engineering/Transportation.
- Willingness to work and desire to learn.
- Ability work 15-20 hours per week while in school and 40 hours per week during the summer and on school breaks