United Way of King County is currently seeking 14 exceptional AmeriCorps VISTA members to join a team of 30 working to fight poverty in King County – starting in February! As an AmeriCorps VISTA with United Way, you will commit to serving for one year at partner agencies doing important work to change communities and improve lives in King County. For students finishing higher education and looking to start their career, this is an amazing opportunity to participate in high-quality trainings, develop professionally, and gain critical job skills and experience to take with you anywhere. Our members have wide-reaching social impact and will become part of an extensive nonprofit network with access to excellent resources and learning opportunities.
The 14 AmeriCorps VISTA positions we are seeking that start in February focus in the following priority areas with the following partner organizations:
- Ending Homelessness and Increasing Food Security
- King County Bar Association – The Neighborhood Legal Clinics
- FareStart – Food Recovery Program
- Hunger Intervention Program
- Supporting Immigrants and Refugees
- International Rescue Committee
- Literacy Source
- Engaging Youth in Successful Academic and Career Pathways
- Children’s Home Society of Washington
- Delridge Neighborhoods Development Association
- Mercer International Middle School Community Learning Center
- Seattle Goodwill
- Expanding Economic Opportunity
In exchange for their service, VISTAs receive a modest living allowance, deferment on student loans, health benefits, an ORCA LIFT card, vacation and sick time, and education award upon successful completion of the program, and more. You can read about our positions in more detail including benefits and requirements by clicking any of the links above.
Are you interested in applying and starting your career? Follow the link on this page to submit a resume and cover letter. Indicate position(s) of interest in your letter. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis, with the goal of filling these positions by December 22. Please submit application materials as soon as possible for consideration, as we will begin interviews immediately.