Some resources which may be of help to you:
- UW Alert – receive text message or email notifications of emergency or crisis situations that may affect UW operations (e.g. snow delays)
- UW Safety – one stop portal for information and resources
- UW Emergency Management – organization-wide training, disaster resiliency, newsletter updates
- UW Police – contact, crime prevention, safety services
- Seattle Alert – receive emergency alerts and notifications from the city
- Ready.gov – personal and family emergency planning, winter safety, emergency prep
Emergency/disaster kits are located in Yiming, Veronica, Janice, Sean, and Nick’s offices, as well as the Wilcox copy room, and Dayna’s office in Wilson. These contain basic first aid and other supplies to be used in an emergency. In addition to these kits, I encourage each of you to maintain some supplies in your office, at home, and on your person (purse/backpack).
And as always, in an emergency, please do not hesitate to call 911.
Have a safe and happy new year!