SEAW UW Recruiting New Officers
Are you interested in getting more involved with the structural engineering industry?SEAW (Structural Engineers Association of Washington) UW student chapter is recruiting new officers to take over starting in Spring 2018 until end of Winter 2019.
WHY should you become an officer?
- You have a passion for structural engineering
- Gain valuable leadership skills
- Get familiar with the structural engineering companies in puget sound
- Network with professionals
- Leave an impression in prospective recruiters
- Become part of a team!
- Great resume builder! Being an officerin engineering organizations significantly increases your chances of getting internships/jobs
- GET JOBS!!
Officer positions available:
- President: Develops and leads chapter’s activities. Liaison to SEAWprofessional chapter. Organizes and plans leadership meetings. Main point of contact for communication with professionals. Attends SEAW professional chapter’s events to build club’s network.
- Vice President: Assists with President activities. Takes leadership meeting minutes. UW ASCE and UW APWA Liaison. Maintains email list and sends announcements to membership.
- Treasurer: Deals with finances, fundraising, membership dues.
- Webmaster: In charge of club website and social media. Takes photos/videos during events for documentary.
- Advertisement Chair: Designs flyers/posters. Posts on bulletin boards and takes them down.
- Graduate Student Liaison: Forms communication bridge between grad and undergrads.
- Logistics Researcher: Gathers information on current events the club focuses on. Does research on the professional chapter and the YMF. This role is flexible according to the club’s needs.
Deadline to apply: Feb 12th, 11:59pm
Please fill out this short form if you are interested in any of the officer positions.