MIG is a leading national planning, design, management, communications and
technology firm with over 250 employees in 15 US offices. Our Seattle-Pioneer Square
Office is seeking a full-time, motivated Civil Engineer to join our multi-disciplinary
This role works closely with a team of designers on a wide variety of projects types
from utilities, site development, storm drainage to designing streets, bicycle lanes and
trails. The ideal candidate is detail-oriented, has a high proficiency in CAD, thinks
critically and creatively; works as part of a collaborative team in an open environment;
and maintains a sense of humor and camaraderie. MIG|SvR team members share a
common desire to engage closely with our clients and the communities impacted by our
work. We value diversity and foster an inclusive workplace.
- Civil engineering design work for public and private clients for site design, low
impact development, utilities and complete streets projects.
- Assistance with preparation of plans, reports and specifications documents.
- Project administration support including research and report compilation.
- Preparation of preliminary calculations and quantity take-offs.
- Stormwater modeling and design for new improvements for Code.
- Construction administration support and drafting and design with Civil 3D.
- Bachelor’s degree in Civil Engineering required.
- Professional engineer or close to licensure.
- 4-6 years of work experience in civil engineering discipline.
- Ability to work within a team, as well as self-motivated with a desire to expand
- Adaptable, able to think critically to solve problems and perform various tasks.
- Strong technical communication skills.
- Familiarity with Department of Ecology Stormwater Management Manual.
- Desired computer proficiency includes: AutoCAD/Civil 3D, stormwater modeling
(WWHM, MGSFlood, etc), Word and Excel.
Salary will be commensurate with experience. MIG provides a comprehensive benefit
program and is an equal opportunity employer.
If you meet the requirements above and are passionate about engineering and design,
please email PDF versions of a cover letter and resume to Mark Davies, seattleresumes@