T BAILEY is searching for a high energy Assistant Project Manager to join our face paced collaborative field construction project team to provide support to Project Managers. Some of the functions Assistant Project Managers preform are: identifying project phases and elements, preparing cost estimates, generate and track Requests for Information, create and update job schedules, process and track project submittals, coordinating with outside engineering and much more. Successful candidates in the past have had backgrounds in civil engineering, mechanical engineering, project management and construction.
This position would be a good fit for an individual that is early on in their Project Management career and is looking to grow their skills towards being a Project Manager. T BAILEY is a diversified heavy-civil/industrial general contractor with expertise in construction earth/utility/concrete work, tank and steel erection and heavy plate/structural fabrication with an emphasis on storage tanks. We provide very competitive wages and a generous benefits package that includes 100% employer paid medical insurance for employees and dependents, holidays, paid vacation and one of the best safety programs around.
T BAILEY is a drug free equal opportunity employer.
- Title Assistant Project Manager
- Reports To VP-Director of Operations
- FLSA Status Exempt – Salary
- Union Status Non-Union
This position is accountable for construction/fabrication projects. This position works under the supervision of the Project Manager and is required to comply with the standard operating procedures of the Company. Work is performed in an office setting with frequent visits to a shop/warehouse setting and/or field jobsites with exposure to outside elements.
Essential Job Functions
- Observe and exercise all company safety policies and procedures:
- Self motivator works independently with little or no supervision daily.
- Develops project objectives by reviewing project proposals and plans; conferring with management.
- Determines project responsibilities by identifying project phases and elements; assigning personnel to phases and elements; reviewing bids from contractors.
- Determines project specifications by studying product design, customer requirements, and performance standards; completing technical studies; preparing cost estimates.
- Determines project schedule by studying project plan and specifications; calculating time requirements; sequencing project elements.
- Maintains project schedule by monitoring project progress; coordinating activities; resolving problems.
- Controls project plan by reviewing design, specifications, and plan and schedule changes; recommending actions.
- Controls project costs by approving expenditures; administering contractor contracts.
- Prepares project status reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing information and trends; recommending actions.
- Maintains safe and clean working environment by enforcing procedures, rules, and regulations.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
- Coordinates field work of controls/monitors on-site contractors
- Prepares or assists in preparation of project budgets for approval
- Maintains ongoing familiarization with all procedures, equipment processes
- Process and track project submittals.
- Generate and track RFI’s.
- Create and update project schedules.
- Create and maintain project files, drawers, contact lists, submittal registers, etc. as needed.
- Make sure safety binders are submitted and sent to client and field for each project
- Coordinate schedules for suppliers, subcontractors, service providers as needed.
- Coordinate with outside engineering for bid designs and final calc packages.
- Solicit subcontractor and supplier quotes for upcoming projects.
- Coordinate project closeout requirements (O&M’s, as built, releases, etc.)
- Maintain easily locatable set of project documents
- Must be easily accessible for clients/engineers to track down answers as needed.
- Must be easily accessible for field superintendents regarding status of submittals, schedules, subcontracts, verify specs, drawings, dimensions, etc. as needed
- Attend weekly production meetings
- Track down answers to specific drafting/fab/paint/shipping questions with clients/PM’s.
- Set up jobsite services for field project – toilet, dumpster, job office, fuel deliveries, etc.
- Assist with document control when necessary.
- Completes misc. paperwork/reports.
- Reports and recommends any major repairs, tool purchases and concerns to Maintenance Manager.
- Works effectively with all co-workers and customers.
- Maintains good housekeeping.
- Attends organizational and outside training as requested to enhance job skills.
- Attends safety meetings and actively supports the T BAILEY Safety Program.
- Additional duties or responsibilities as assigned by department supervisor and may include temporary department transfers or occasional travel to jobsites.
- Other duties as assigned
- Ability to recognize and interpret documents: safety rules, procedure manuals.
- Extensive knowledge of related machine, equipment and tooling required.
- Advanced math.
- Valid Washington State driver’s license to operate company vehicles.
- Maintain high standards for safe, accurate work despite various deadlines and pressures.
- Flexibility of work hours
- Ability to obtain necessary certifications
Education and Experience
- 4-year technical degree (BS in Engineering or Project Management)
- Previous engineering experience a plus.
- Combination of education and experience may qualify the candidate for the position.
GENERAL PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS
- Position requires the ability to lift, push or pull up to 20lbs occasionally.
- Ability to move throughout the warehouse including ability to walking up and down stairs/ladders multiple times per day.
- Regularly required to walk or stand the duration of 2+ hours daily.
- Occasionally required to sit, bend, reach, crouch, stoop or kneel.
- Safe operation of the equipment requires accurate hearing and vision.
- Exposed to various machines/equipment with moving parts and pinch points.
- Frequently exposed to fumes and/or airborne particles.