STUDENT PAPER COMPETITION
The organizers of the 2018 Managing Roadways and Transit Meeting and Conference invite students to submit papers for consideration in the Best Student Paper Competition. The event organizers include representatives from the Transportation Research Board Freeway Operations (AHB20), Managed Lanes (AHB35), and Transit Management and Performance (AP010) Committees. The meeting and conference will occur in Bellevue, Washington, from September 25-27 at the Hilton Bellevue. Two student papers will receive a cash award of $1,500.
How to Win
Student papers must address topics related to managed lanes, active traffic management, transit operations, and innovative freeway operations. Suggested subtopics include planning and policy highlights, implementation challenges and opportunities, and integration of systems. The award selection committee prefers papers that use empirical studies and data. However, the committee will also consider literature review articles and thought pieces. The competition is open to all undergraduate and graduate students, including students who will graduate during the Spring 2018 semester. Selected awardees will present their paper as a poster at the meeting and conference.
- Other students may serve as co-authors. However, faculty members cannot be coauthors.
- Selected students must attend and present the paper at the 2018 Managing Roadways and Transit Meeting and Conference in Bellevue, Washington.
- Papers cannot exceed 10 pages (inclusive of title, abstract, body of the text, references, tables, and figures).
- All pages must be double-spaced; 12-point font; and have 1-inch margins on all sides.
- Paper was not previously presented at a professional conference or published in proceedings, book, or a journal.
Submission Procedures and Deadlines
By June 1, 2018, send an e-mail message with the attached PDF copy of the completed paper to Nick Wood; email@example.com.
Cintra will provide patronage for the student scholarships.