Water Resources / Civil Engineering Intern
Tetra Tech is currently seeking an Engineering student intern (Seattle, WA office) to support water resources and civil engineering projects throughout the Pacific Northwest. The ideal candidate will possess education and a desire to gain applied experience in engineering and scientific methods and techniques related to water resources management.
- Work collaboratively with a multi-disciplinary team to provide technical support to engineering staff and project managers in support of water resource projects.
- Participate in field data collection activities which may include, but are not limited to, topographic and hydrographic surveying, aquatic habitat and wetland assessment, discharge measurements, water quality and storm water sampling.
- Provide support for the analysis of diverse water resources including: watersheds, floodplains, wetlands, channels, reservoirs, and hydraulic structures using geospatial tools, numerical models, databases and applied statistics.
- Prepare documentation of completed tasks that summarizes analytical data and interpretation through clear technical writing, figures, charts, and maps.
- Conduct research related to civil engineering design and stormwater management criteria
- Assist with design drawing development from sketches, notes, GIS data and verbal instructions.