Here is a summer job opportunity from the City of Kent. If interested, please apply asap, or contact Brennan Taylor with your interest.
CITY OF KENT: EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY
- 6/18/2018 – 9/14/2018
- Application Deadline: Wednesday May 9, 2018 (or until filled) – Apply now!
POSITION: The City of Kent, Economic and Community Development Department is currently seeking a Full Time Temporary Seasonal Employee to work in the Development Engineering Section. The candidate will assist Development Engineering staff with filing, review, coordination, research and customer service related to the processing and issuance of utility permits, street use permits and other permits related to land development.
The duration of the position will be approximately 3 months of full time employment.
Enrollment: The preferred candidate is a student pursuing a degree in Civil Engineering or a recent graduate. The city will also consider a student who plans to major in the field of Civil Engineering.
- Excellent organizational skills, attention to detail, and teamwork skills
- Familiarity with MS Office is required, familiarity with GIS and permitting is desired (but not required)
- Excellent communication skills (verbal and written)
- Ability to work with customers having a wide variability of backgrounds, knowledge and technical understanding.
- Flexibility and ability to work independently
DUTIES: Duties performed will include assisting staff with:
- Research of property and utility records utilizing the city’s permitting software, GIS system and records database
- Answering technical questions related to infrastructure and permitting
- Communicating requirements and information to customers
- Administrative and related tasks associated with supporting the division
HOURS: Typical work hours are 8:00 am to 5:00 pm Monday through Friday
HOW TO APPLY:
Email a cover letter and resume to Brennan Taylor at BTaylor@KentWa.gov. A copy of your transcript is optional but encouraged and may be required prior to an interview.
Address documents to:
City of Kent
ECD, Development Engineering
220 Fourth Avenue S.
Kent, WA 98032