Equilibria is searching to fill a full time structural engineering position located in Mukilteo, Washington. Equilibria is a small structural engineering firm established in 2013 that has experienced consistent growth in the current market. Equilibria primarily specializes in custom residential construction, as well as light commercial structures. Equilibria works with all types of building materials including wood, concrete, masonry and steel. Work will be performed under the supervision of a licensed Structural Engineer.
- The engineer will be responsible for a variety of structural engineering services including:
- Analysis and design of various building framing and foundation systems in wood, structural steel, reinforced concrete and masonry.
- Development of construction documents including drawings, details and specifications in AutoCAD
- Site visits, existing structural assessments and inspections (primarily office based, but occasionally site visits are required)
- Work with contractors, architects and owners to deliver excellent client service.
- Active EIT or PE license in Washington State
- Bachelor’s degree in Civil Engineering with an emphasis in structural courses
- AutoCAD training and experience
- Proficiency in Excel
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to work in a dynamic fast paced environment
- Driver’s license and vehicle
- Familiarity with building code requirements (IBC) and structural codes
- Foundation design or coursework
- Concrete, Steel, Masonry and Wood design or coursework
- Patience. More often than not you will have to revise finished projects, work to find solutions for field errors and meet competitive deadlines. If you get easily frustrated by these things, I don’t recommend a career in structural engineering.
- Attention to detail
- Willingness to agree to a non-compete clause that protects Equilibria’s clients by restricting a departing employee from working with those clients for a defined period of time after leaving. The purpose is to protect Equilibria’s core client base.
- Sit or stand for long periods of time throughout the day
- Lift up to 25 lbs
- Climb stairs and ladders
- Not allergic to dogs (We have an office golden retriever)
Compensation and Benefits: Depending on experience and qualifications we are offering a starting salary range of 53,000 to 55,000 $ / year. We will offer healthcare benefits. We have a SIMPLE-IRA (similar to a 401-k) retirement package that involves employee contributions with an employer matching contribution of up to 3% of the employee’s compensation per year. We will also offer performance based bonuses.
Equilibria is a small, growing structural engineering firm that provides structural engineering services for projects throughout the state of Washington. This isn’t a large corporate cubicle work environment, in fact you would be the first employee hired and would work directly with the owner. It’s a good opportunity to get on board near the ground level. We primarily work with local architects to provide full package construction documents for various buildings and structures, focusing on light framed residential construction.
How to Apply:
Send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
Equilibria Structural Engineering
9999 Harbour Place Suite 107
Mukilteo, WA 98275