Seattle Public Utilities (SPU) has a Drainage Engineering Internship opportunity . The intern will receive supervised practical training in various areas of DWW operations, including: flow and level monitoring services; rain and operations data review; and data screening and analysis.
The intern will become familiar with the various parts of the DWW system, including: wastewater pipes and pump stations; passive and active hydraulic controlled structures; stormwater pipes, culverts, and ponds, and streams; and data acquisition from various sources. Duties will involve field and office work and require that the intern be able to drive a city vehicle, carry/lift moderate loads, work in uneven terrain, and enter confined spaces.
Learning objectives include, but are not limited to:
- Enhance understanding of municipal DWW infrastructure and function
- Gain experience with field work and documenting/reporting findings
- Experience with reviewing design drawings/specs
- Enhance technical writing skills and use of software (e.g., Microsoft Office, Visio, arcGIS, CAD)
- Enhance organizational, communication, and data management skills.
There is currently one internship opportunity available. The projected start date is early-June. This internship is for up to 24 months or graduation, whichever comes first. We require a minimum 1-year commitment for this internship opportunity.
More information: https://www.governmentjobs.com/careers/seattle/jobs/2416703/drainage-engineering-internship