Gray & Osborne (Wenatchee office) is currently looking for an intern to work approx. 40 hours/week from June to September 2018. Primary responsibilities including assisting engineers with the planning, design, and construction support for water, sewer, stormwater, and transportation projects for municipalities and special purpose districts in Washington State. Duties may include the preparation of planning documents, engineering reports, plan, specifications, and estimates for projects. Duties may also include providing construction management support activities such as submittal review, resolution of construction issues, and field observation of construction activities. This position is under the direction of a licensed professional engineer.
This is a great opportunity for someone who enjoys working in a creative and collaborative environment where you are can be part of a design team in providing service to small to mid-size cities and special purpose districts throughout North Central Washington.
Knowledge, skills, and abilities:
- Completion of 1-3 years of college level pre-engineering or engineering coursework.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Able to work well with others in a collaborative manner.
- Possesses high energy and willingness to learn.
- Some experience with AutoCAD and Civil 3D is preferred.
See the full listing here.
Questions? Contant Kaleb Smith at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Water Resources / Civil Engineering Intern
Tetra Tech is currently seeking an Engineering student intern (Seattle, WA office) to support water resources and civil engineering projects throughout the Pacific Northwest. The ideal candidate will possess education and a desire to gain applied experience in engineering and scientific methods and techniques related to water resources management.
- Work collaboratively with a multi-disciplinary team to provide technical support to engineering staff and project managers in support of water resource projects.
- Participate in field data collection activities which may include, but are not limited to, topographic and hydrographic surveying, aquatic habitat and wetland assessment, discharge measurements, water quality and storm water sampling.
- Provide support for the analysis of diverse water resources including: watersheds, floodplains, wetlands, channels, reservoirs, and hydraulic structures using geospatial tools, numerical models, databases and applied statistics.
- Prepare documentation of completed tasks that summarizes analytical data and interpretation through clear technical writing, figures, charts, and maps.
- Conduct research related to civil engineering design and stormwater management criteria
- Assist with design drawing development from sketches, notes, GIS data and verbal instructions.
For more information and to apply, click here.
Carollo Engineers, Inc. is looking for a full-time paid summer intern (Seattle office) for their master planning/infrastructure group. The internship would be to do similar work as a junior engineer in the water and wastewater group: performing analysis, attending meetings where the findings are presented, helping write TMs and reports, and help with water and wastewater modeling work. Work days/hours are flexible.
Please contact Aurelie Nabonnand at ANabonnand@carollo.com if you are interested and if you have any questions.
UW Facilities Services Engineering Services
Student Worker Summer Position: $15.55 per hour LIDAR and GIS/GPS Tech Specialist
Summary of Position: This position qualifies as a student internship, designed for a student from the UW Department of Civil & Environmental Engineering who is currently registered for Fall Quarter 2018. This position is for the summer months of June 2018 through September 2018 working 40 hours per week. The pay rate is $15.55 per hour. There are two positions available.
Performs various tasks in the office and in the field, supporting requests from the engineers and the GIS/GPS specialist such as (but not limited to):
- LIDAR (Light Detection and Ranging) scanning
- Collect and process field data collected by a FARO Focus scanner to create 3D models of campus
- Geographic Information Systems
- Analyze field data, perform data compilation for map making, format data for GIS use, digitize custom points, lines and polygons.
- Global Positioning Systems
- Utilize GPS equipment to perform independent or group field assignments
- Data Collection
- Use Apple iPads to collect field data to create a GIS Infrastructure Record
- Copying, mapmaking, filing, sorting
- Word processing and/or data entry into spreadsheets as required
- Other duties as assigned
WSDOT Toll Division Intern
- Opening Date: 4/27/18
- Closing Date: Open until filled
- Salary: $16 – $20/hr depending on qualifications
- Job Type: Up to 19.5 hrs/week during school quarter, full time during breaks
- Location: Downtown- Seattle, WA
The Washington State Department of Transportation (WSDOT) Office of Urban Mobility & Access has recently had another internship slot open up in the Toll Division. The position is open until filled, and will start immediately and continue through the next school year. We are looking for an energetic individual with an interest in Transportation Engineering. The selected candidate will get hands on experience with toll systems engineering, big data, reporting, and some field work. WSDOT also offers flexible hours and building connections with other State departments and engineering entities.
This position will perform the following work:
- Assist the Toll Lane System Operations Team with daily monitoring of all four toll facilities currently operating in Washington State – Tacoma Narrows Bridge, SR 520 Bridge, SR 167 HOT (High Occupancy Toll) Lanes, I-405 Express Toll Lanes (ETL), and our upcoming facility in the SR 99 tunnel.
- Complete daily reporting of toll data, and assist with toll data requests, as well as ad-hoc data reporting and analysis.
- Assist with evaluation and operation of Toll Information Technology Systems (ITS). Develop test plans, collect data and analyze results.
- Other projects as assigned
The City of Federal Way Public Works Department is seeking help this summer from a civil engineering student to support several construction projects this summer. This is a paid internship. Full time, starting at $15.00/ hour.
If you are interested, email Desiree Winkler at Desiree.Winkler@cityoffederalway.com.
DOWL Engineering is hiring for intern and career positions!
Info Session: Thursday, April 12, in MOR 110
4:00pm – 4:30pm Pizza and mingle
4:30-5:30pm Info session
Come with your resumes.
Red Barn Engineering is looking to hire 1-2 summer interns and 1-2 full-time positions.
They are looking for Geotechnical Engineers as well as Civil Engineers who are interested in Site Development Consulting. If you are interested, contact Samuel Sommers at email@example.com.
We have a great opportunity for a CM, Engineering, or Architecture major to learn about the process of renovating an existing NFL Stadium at CenturyLink Field. Credits are available through the Seahawks organization for this internship.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
Assist Director of Project Development and Project Manager with various tasks including working with architects and design consultants to create an As-Built document of CenturyLink Field, Home of the Seattle Seahawks. This position will have elementary drafting assignments and including updating construction documents from contractors and other design consultants to closely represent the current condition of the NFL Stadium and Event Center. Works under close supervision but must also be self motivated; this position receives specific and detailed instruction as to required tasks and results expected.
Project objectives are to update CAD drawings with existing conditions to include electrical, mechanical, plumbing, fire sprinkler & alarm, civil and architectural drawing sets. Other duties may include scanning redline drawings, create electronic file cabinets, update Operation & Maintenance Manuals. There may be an opportunity to start creating a 3D Model of the stadium and event center.
Greenroads Foundation (www.greenroads.org) seeks an Engineering Technician for a full-time internship of up to 12 weeks in the summer (and, possibly, spring). As Engineering Technician, you will be assigned to complete specific internal research and engineering analysis activities that support the mission and vision of the organization and will help tell the story of our global impact.