Portland, OR based firm Catena Consulting Engineers is offering 2020 summer internships.
For additional information about the firm and the job, go here. If you think you are a good fit for Catena, please email a cover letter and resume to: email@example.com.
What they’re looking for:
- Aspiring structural engineers from UW’s College of Engineering for 2020 summer internships
- Motivated individuals that desire to learn, grow, be challenged, and contributed to the continued success of their high-performance team
- 4th-year undergraduate students or later with a civil or structural engineering focus
What they offer:
- Competitive compensation
- Personal environment of a small firm with the opportunity to work on a variety of projects, big and small, with all types of structural materials
- An atmosphere that fosters teamwork, impromptu learning sessions, and optimum communication
Candidates must be authorized to work in the U.S. without the need for sponsorship now or in the future. Catena is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Affirmative Action Employer and participates in the E-Verify Program.
Seattle Public Utilities (SPU) has a Drainage Engineering Internship opportunity . The intern will receive supervised practical training in various areas of DWW operations, including: flow and level monitoring services; rain and operations data review; and data screening and analysis.
The intern will become familiar with the various parts of the DWW system, including: wastewater pipes and pump stations; passive and active hydraulic controlled structures; stormwater pipes, culverts, and ponds, and streams; and data acquisition from various sources. Duties will involve field and office work and require that the intern be able to drive a city vehicle, carry/lift moderate loads, work in uneven terrain, and enter confined spaces.
Learning objectives include, but are not limited to:
- Enhance understanding of municipal DWW infrastructure and function
- Gain experience with field work and documenting/reporting findings
- Experience with reviewing design drawings/specs
- Enhance technical writing skills and use of software (e.g., Microsoft Office, Visio, arcGIS, CAD)
- Enhance organizational, communication, and data management skills.
There is currently one internship opportunity available. The projected start date is early-June. This internship is for up to 24 months or graduation, whichever comes first. We require a minimum 1-year commitment for this internship opportunity.
More information: https://www.governmentjobs.com/careers/seattle/jobs/2416703/drainage-engineering-internship
The Army Research Laboratory (ARL) invites exceptional young researchers to apply for an ARL Distinguished Postdoctoral Fellowship(www.nas.edu/arl). This fellowship provides recipients the opportunity to pursue independent research while working alongside some of the nation’s best scientists and engineers. Applicants must display extraordinary ability in scientific research and show clear promise of becoming outstanding leaders. Successful candidates will have already tackled a major scientific or engineering problem or will have provided a new approach or insight, evidenced by a recognized impact in their field.
Fellowship terms and benefits
- An annual stipend of $100,000
- Health insurance (including dental and vision)
- Paid relocation and a professional travel allowance
- One-year appointments are renewable for up to three years based on performance.
- Fellowship appointments require a full-time commitment to the research program at ARL.
- Fellows must be in residence at ARL during the entire period of the appointment.
Under close supervision, assists assigned department(s) and/or project(s) by performing basic engineering-related tasks which may reflect elements of standard post-secondary engineering curriculum, usually on a part-time, temporary, or co-op basis.
- Assists engineer teams in various tasks and duties.
- Assists Engineer with research, development and design of projects.
- Assists Engineer with the preparation of engineering drawings and documents as assigned.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
The internship will provide an opportunity to
- Gain exposure to tunnel and underground engineering in urban context
- Gain exposure to a mega infrastructure project
- Real world experience with world class team and mentors
- On the job training will be provided
Anchor QEA Seeking Summer Interns for Various Office Locations
Anchor QEA is seeking interns across a broad range of disciplines, in multiple office locations across the country, for our 2019 summer internship program. Interns will have the unique experience of hands on work within their scope of study, as well as the opportunity for exposure to other service areas within our firm. Interns will walk away with a foundational knowledge of environmental engineering, consulting, planning and restoration, and science. You’ll even have a chance to work with Principal and senior-level professionals, assisting them with project-related tasks and gaining insight into the world of professional consulting.
Check it out and fell free to distribute to potential candidates. We will have internship at:
Candidates will need to complete the internship application and send along with their resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. If you are referring a candidate, remind them to include your name in the “referred by” section of the application.
For any recruiting questions related to internships and any other hiring, please email email@example.com
The City of Bellevue Transportation Department has several openings for engineering interns, including one for current freshmen and sophomores and one for upperclassmen and graduate students. Please see the following descriptions:
The Transportation Engineering Intern II will work within Bellevue’s Traffic Engineering group, which manages the city’s daily traffic operations. These operations include traffic signals, street lighting, signage, and multimodal traffic solutions. We are seeking a student in their freshman or sophomore year (graduation date later than June 2021).
The Intelligent Transportation Systems Intern II/III will work within Bellevue’s Intelligent Transportation Systems (ITS) group, which manages the city’s daily traffic signal and ITS system. This system includes a fully adaptive traffic signal system, a state-of-the-art traffic surveillance system and multiple other traffic operational tools. We are seeking juniors, seniors, or graduate students with at least one full year of school left to fill this position.
The Neighborhood Traffic Safety Services (NTSS) Intern will working within Bellevue’s Neighborhood Traffic Safety Services group to assist with the city’s pedestrian safety, school safety, neighborhood parking, and traffic calming projects. Through a variety of programs and projects, staff members work to address resident concerns through education efforts and traffic safety projects.
Please visit https://www.governmentjobs.com/careers/bellevuewa for more information and to apply.
The closing dates for these are closing soon so apply now!!
The Canadian Studies Center is happy to share the following internship opportunity for students. More information below.
The Pacific Northwest Economic Region is accepting applications for summer interns. This program offers qualified students valuable hands-on work experience in a small, dynamic non-profit organization focused on U.S.-Canada relations and public-private sector cooperation.
PNWER interns will assist with PNWER working groups, conduct administrative tasks, and support staff in key project areas. PNWER focuses on a wide variety of working groups and cross-border collaboration issues including, but not limited to:
- energy & environment
- border & trade
- disaster resilience and cybersecurity
- NAFTA modernization
- workforce development
- economic development
- water policy
- invasive species
To apply, please send a brief cover letter, resume, and area of interest to firstname.lastname@example.org. Application deadline is February 28, 2019
Gray & Osborne (Wenatchee office) is currently looking for an intern to work approx. 40 hours/week from June to September 2018. Primary responsibilities including assisting engineers with the planning, design, and construction support for water, sewer, stormwater, and transportation projects for municipalities and special purpose districts in Washington State. Duties may include the preparation of planning documents, engineering reports, plan, specifications, and estimates for projects. Duties may also include providing construction management support activities such as submittal review, resolution of construction issues, and field observation of construction activities. This position is under the direction of a licensed professional engineer.
This is a great opportunity for someone who enjoys working in a creative and collaborative environment where you are can be part of a design team in providing service to small to mid-size cities and special purpose districts throughout North Central Washington.
Knowledge, skills, and abilities:
- Completion of 1-3 years of college level pre-engineering or engineering coursework.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Able to work well with others in a collaborative manner.
- Possesses high energy and willingness to learn.
- Some experience with AutoCAD and Civil 3D is preferred.
See the full listing here.
Questions? Contant Kaleb Smith at email@example.com.
Water Resources / Civil Engineering Intern
Tetra Tech is currently seeking an Engineering student intern (Seattle, WA office) to support water resources and civil engineering projects throughout the Pacific Northwest. The ideal candidate will possess education and a desire to gain applied experience in engineering and scientific methods and techniques related to water resources management.
- Work collaboratively with a multi-disciplinary team to provide technical support to engineering staff and project managers in support of water resource projects.
- Participate in field data collection activities which may include, but are not limited to, topographic and hydrographic surveying, aquatic habitat and wetland assessment, discharge measurements, water quality and storm water sampling.
- Provide support for the analysis of diverse water resources including: watersheds, floodplains, wetlands, channels, reservoirs, and hydraulic structures using geospatial tools, numerical models, databases and applied statistics.
- Prepare documentation of completed tasks that summarizes analytical data and interpretation through clear technical writing, figures, charts, and maps.
- Conduct research related to civil engineering design and stormwater management criteria
- Assist with design drawing development from sketches, notes, GIS data and verbal instructions.
For more information and to apply, click here.
Carollo Engineers, Inc. is looking for a full-time paid summer intern (Seattle office) for their master planning/infrastructure group. The internship would be to do similar work as a junior engineer in the water and wastewater group: performing analysis, attending meetings where the findings are presented, helping write TMs and reports, and help with water and wastewater modeling work. Work days/hours are flexible.
Please contact Aurelie Nabonnand at ANabonnand@carollo.com if you are interested and if you have any questions.