Wilson Engineering is a small/medium-sized consulting firm based in Bellingham, and they’re looking to hire a few qualified engineers with backgrounds in wastewater (both entry level and experienced professionals). More information about the job opportunities can be found here.
Learn more about Wilson Engineering here.
Yakima-Tieton Irrigation District is currently accepting applications for: Project and Engineering Lead ($25-30/hr DOQ),plus comprehensive benefits package
The Project and Engineering Lead performs a variety of technical, engineering and support tasks involved in the planning, design, construction, maintenance, repair and upgrade of the Yakima-Tieton Irrigation District facilities. The Project and Engineering Lead is responsible for designing and drawing Traffic Control Plans, updating maps and drawings and coordinating projects within the system.
This position is required to be on call to handle emergencies as needed and must live within a 30-minute response time.
The ideal candidate will have knowledge of construction design, engineering theories and principles, a good understanding of hydraulics, pressure and friction loss and skills in managing and coordinating complex engineering projects. A Bachelor’s Degree in Civil or Mechanical Engineering or related field and two years’ experience or equivalent combination of education and experience to successfully perform the essential duties of the job. Preference will be given to candidates with Engineer in Training (EIT) certification.
Candidates must have a valid WA State Driver’s License and successfully pass a pre-employment drug and alcohol test.
To understand the full requirements and the knowledge, skills and abilities needed for this position, go here for a full job description and application. Applications need to include YTID application, resume and cover letter detailing interest and qualifications.
Complete applications are being accepted until March 25, 2020.
Pacific Northwest National Laboratory (PNNL) is hiring a recent graduate of a master’s or PhD program, who has shown interest in energy efficiency in buildings.
Go here to see the job description and apply.
Go here to see other opportunities PNNL is offering.
Learn more about PNNL here.
King County has a job opening in their Roads Division for a Maintenance Support Engineer (Engineer II).
Check out the job posting here.
The application closes 2/23/2020.
Dr. Erica Fischer is seeking a Ph.D. level graduate assistant to join her collaborative research team at Oregon State University (College of Engineering, School of Civil and Construction Engineering) to research wildfire impact to water infrastructure systems. Average Ph.D.-level position lasts 3 years.
Scope of work: The anticipated scope of work incorporates multi-scale fire experiments on varying components of the water infrastructure network. The graduate student researcher will also play an important role in stakeholder engagement workshops with different water utility agencies around the country and interaction with a team of researchers and graduate students working on developing sensors and tools for communities to recover after a wildfire. Candidates should have a BS in Civil Engineering, preferred candidates have an MS in Civil Engineering. The candidate must have the ability to work independently to achieve project objectives, meet project deadlines and reporting requirements, and help mentor other team members. The candidate also must fill an important role in facilitating collaborations with the multi-disciplinary, multi-institutional project team.
Appointment: The appointment is expected to be filled as soon as possible with an anticipated latest start date of June 15, 2020. This assistantship includes a monthly stipend and covered tuition, health insurance, and student fees. The graduate assistant will be working on research projects supported by the Alfred P. Sloan Foundation.
To Apply: Please contact Dr. Erica Fischer by email at firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject heading “WUI Resilience Graduate Application” and provide a CV and transcripts. Oregon State University graduate admissions application is already open.
Information on the School of Civil and Construction Engineering can be found at here.
King County Roads is offering a Maintenance Support Engineer position. They require a BSCE at minimum.
See the job description that has all the information you need here.
Additionally, if you have LinkedIN and would like to connect with Austin Fulgham, an HR Analyst with King County, feel free! His profile is here.
Cornerstone Home Designs looking to hire a Structural Engineer with excellent mathematical, IT and analytical skills. Structural Engineers are expected to be detail oriented, creative and possess amazing problem-solving skills.
To ensure success, Structural Engineers should display an investigative nature and must be accurate, commercially aware and have great communication skills with a keen interest in ensuring the safety and physical integrity of buildings and other large structures. Top candidates will have fantastic project and budget management skills with great knowledge of construction processes, materials and legal regulations.
- Job Type: Full-time
- Salary: $70,000.00 to $75,000.00 /year
Structural Engineer Responsibilities:
- Prepare reports, designs and drawings.
- Make calculations about pressures, loads and stresses.
- Consider the strength of construction materials and select appropriately.
- Provide technical advice on safe designs and construction.
- Obtain planning and/or building regulations approval.
- Analyze configurations of the basic components of a structure.
- Liaise with professional staff such as architects and engineers.
- Monitor and inspect all work undertaken by contractors to ensure structural soundness.
- Administer contracts and manage projects.
- Inspect properties to evaluate the conditions and foundations.
- Use computer aided design technology for simulation purposes.
Structural Engineer Requirements:
- Degree in Civil or Structural Engineering (essential).
- 6 years of work experience as a Structural Engineer (essential).
- Professionally registered with the Institute of Structural Engineers.
- Expert experience in project management.
- Advanced knowledge of construction methods, materials and legal regulations.
- Sound understanding of physics and mathematics.
- Ability to liaise with professionals from other disciplines.
- Three-dimensional conceptual skills.
- Analytical thinker with strong problem-solving skills.
- Meticulous attention to detail with the superb organizational skills.
- Ability to work under pressure and meet tight deadlines.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Excellent communication and IT skills.
Learn more about Cornerstone here.
Contact Jared Baehmer at 253-777-2362 if you are interested in the job.
Mount Rainier National Park, in Washington State, is recruiting for a Civil Engineer to be a part of a new project management program to implement a multi year program of capital improvement.
Projects will range from renovation and restoration of nationally significant historic buildings to rehabilitation of utility systems to improvements to visitor facilities including campgrounds, visitor contact stations to road projects and much more.
This position is part of a new project management team that will include historic architect, engineer, historic landscape architect, administrative support and work in close coordination with highly skilled tradespeople, natural and cultural resource professionals and the park’s leadership team.
Find more information and apply to the job here.
Portland, OR based firm Catena Consulting Engineers is offering a job for entry level engineers.
For additional information about the firm and the job, go here. If you think you are a good fit for Catena, please email a cover letter and resume to: email@example.com.
What they’re looking for:
- Aspiring structural engineers from UW’s Structural Engineering and Mechanics Graduate Program for full-time employment.
- Motivated individuals that desire to learn, grow, be challenged, and contributed to the continued success of their high-performance team
What they offer:
- Competitive salary and benefits
- Personal environment of a small firm with the opportunity to work on a variety of projects, big and small, with all types of structural materials
- Incentive bonuses as part of the compensation package
- An atmosphere that fosters teamwork, impromptu learning sessions, and optimum communication
Candidates must be authorized to work in the U.S. without the need for sponsorship now or in the future. Catena is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Affirmative Action Employer and participates in the E-Verify Program.
FORELL/ELSESSER ENGINEERS, INC. is looking to hire structural engineering students with a MSCE or PhD to work in their Bay Area offices. The expectation is that new hires would start in June 2020.
Learn more here.