Erlandsen and Associates is currently seeking a Civil Engineer-in-Training (EIT) to support our full engineering team in our East Wenatchee Office. The successful candidate will work on multidiscipline projects performing independent engineering calculations and design, using specialized technical skills, experience and engineering judgment to transform concept designs into construction drawings and technical specifications. The work may include residential, commercial, street improvements, utility plans, freeway, roadway design, construction documents and all supporting documentation. The position may also include field inspection duties.
Other duties include:
- Coordinate projects with supervisors.
- Provide sketches and/or detailed layout information to design staff for incorporation into the construction drawings.
- Design, prepare and analyze preliminary and final plans in AutoCAD Civil 3D software.
- Analyze maps, reports, drawings, as-builts and test results for design projects.
- Prepare and/or direct preparation and modification of reports, specifications and designs for project.
- Provide project-specific technical information to the Project Manager for incorporation into the project specifications.
- Some travel may be required.
This email just arrived from one of our recent graduates, Kim Tsai who works for The Walsh Group. The message is straightforward…if interested you can forward a resume direct to Kim (email@example.com). She is willing to pass resumes along to those in the company that will make hiring decisions. And…it appears they will be hiring.
We landed Tacoma Light Rail ($108 million), so we may be looking to hire as soon as we get NTP! I don’t know much about the project yet, but let me know if any soon-to-be graduates or long-time graduates are looking for full-time work. I can’t guarantee anything, but I can always pass resumes along.
Hope you are doing well,
Equilibria is searching to fill a full time structural engineering position located in Mukilteo, Washington. Equilibria is a small structural engineering firm established in 2013 that has experienced consistent growth in the current market. Equilibria primarily specializes in custom residential construction, as well as light commercial structures. Equilibria works with all types of building materials including wood, concrete, masonry and steel. Work will be performed under the supervision of a licensed Structural Engineer.
- The engineer will be responsible for a variety of structural engineering services including:
- Analysis and design of various building framing and foundation systems in wood, structural steel, reinforced concrete and masonry.
- Development of construction documents including drawings, details and specifications in AutoCAD
- Site visits, existing structural assessments and inspections (primarily office based, but occasionally site visits are required)
- Work with contractors, architects and owners to deliver excellent client service.
Here is a summer job opportunity from the City of Kent. If interested, please apply asap, or contact Brennan Taylor with your interest.
CITY OF KENT: EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY
- 6/18/2018 – 9/14/2018
- Application Deadline: Wednesday May 9, 2018 (or until filled) – Apply now!
POSITION: The City of Kent, Economic and Community Development Department is currently seeking a Full Time Temporary Seasonal Employee to work in the Development Engineering Section. The candidate will assist Development Engineering staff with filing, review, coordination, research and customer service related to the processing and issuance of utility permits, street use permits and other permits related to land development.
The duration of the position will be approximately 3 months of full time employment.
Enrollment: The preferred candidate is a student pursuing a degree in Civil Engineering or a recent graduate. The city will also consider a student who plans to major in the field of Civil Engineering.
- Excellent organizational skills, attention to detail, and teamwork skills
- Familiarity with MS Office is required, familiarity with GIS and permitting is desired (but not required)
- Excellent communication skills (verbal and written)
- Ability to work with customers having a wide variability of backgrounds, knowledge and technical understanding.
- Flexibility and ability to work independently
Engineers Northwest, Inc. has an opening for an entry level structural engineer for students who will be graduating soon with either a BS or MS degree in civil engineering with an emphasis in structural engineering. U.S. citizenship or any form of permanent U.S. residency is a requirement for this position.
If you are interested in this position, contact Willy Chen at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
Right now, Environment America is hiring policy fellows and a digital strategist to join their campaign team.
Environment America Fellowship: Start a career in environmental action and advocacy by helping to build a greener, healthier world with Environment America. You’ll build powerful coalitions, lobby elected officials, earn media attention, and everything else it takes to rise to this challenge. Environment America has fellowship openings in Albuquerque, Phoenix, Boston, and Austin. Learn more and apply today.
Environment America Digital Campaigner: As a digital campaigner, you’ll work to craft and win campaigns to fight global warming and protect our public lands and wildlife. You’ll write and send emails to hundreds of thousands of supporters, coordinate with our field team of campaign organizers and back them up with digital strategy, and design social media content to engage our national community. Learn more and apply today.
Short-term opportunities: Are you interested in a summer campaign or working on the midterm elections? Interested candidates can apply to work on Environment America’s summer campaigns as a Summer Field Organizer.
Work for Progress is also hiring Election Canvass Directors to help to elect candidates who will fight to reverse global warming this midterm.
T BAILEY is searching for a high energy Assistant Project Manager to join our face paced collaborative field construction project team to provide support to Project Managers. Some of the functions Assistant Project Managers preform are: identifying project phases and elements, preparing cost estimates, generate and track Requests for Information, create and update job schedules, process and track project submittals, coordinating with outside engineering and much more. Successful candidates in the past have had backgrounds in civil engineering, mechanical engineering, project management and construction.
This position would be a good fit for an individual that is early on in their Project Management career and is looking to grow their skills towards being a Project Manager. T BAILEY is a diversified heavy-civil/industrial general contractor with expertise in construction earth/utility/concrete work, tank and steel erection and heavy plate/structural fabrication with an emphasis on storage tanks. We provide very competitive wages and a generous benefits package that includes 100% employer paid medical insurance for employees and dependents, holidays, paid vacation and one of the best safety programs around.
T BAILEY is a drug free equal opportunity employer.
JOB DESCRIPTION Continue reading
Engineer in Training/Design Engineer
Job Summary: the EIT is responsible for the design and drafting of civil engineering drawings for all phases of design including concept, schematic, design development and construction documents. The EIT will provide storm drainage analysis using a variety of modeling programs, and provide engineering assistance to licensed professional engineers as required.
Duties and Responsibilities
This section describes the activities expected to be performed in this position. The duties and responsibilities listed below are not meant to be exhaustive; other duties may be added as required. Continue reading
EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY – Civil/Water Resource Engineer
R2 Resource Consultants, Inc. (R2) is seeking to fill one or more full-time civil/water resource engineer positions. R2 is a multi-disciplined engineering and environmental consulting firm based in Redmond, WA with satellite offices in Vancouver WA and Anchorage AK (please visit www.r2usa.com to learn more about us).
Responsibilities: We are seeking motivated civil engineers with a strong interest in fisheries, river engineering, and water resource related projects. Desired skills include:
- Ability to perform basic calculations and design detailing for foundations, steel/aluminum, concrete, and timber structures.
- Ability to perform topographic surveying, mapping, and perform miscellaneous field assignments.
- Ability to perform earthwork calculations, quantity take-offs, and cost estimates.
- Experience and/or desire to prepare design drawings using CAD software, review drawings, and prepare technical specifications.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills with an interest in conducting effective presentations and written report preparation.
- Excellent computer skills, including experience with AutoCAD, AutoCAD Civil 3D, AutoCAD MEP, HEC-RAS, Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint. MS Project, SolidWorks, MicroStation, and RAM Elements experience is a plus.
- Ability to work independently as well as in a multi-discipline team environment, and the ability to multi-task is essential.
- Ability and desire for occasional travel, primarily related to project assignments from 1-day to 2-week duration. Project sites are often remote.
Qualifications: Minimum qualifications for our entry level position requires a B.S. (M.S. preferred) in Civil Engineering from an ABET accredited university. An EIT Certification is desirable, with ability to obtain a PE License within four years. Course work in general civil and structural design, geotechnical, and water resource engineering is required, with applicable experience a plus.
Salary: TBD. R2 offers a competitive benefits and bonus program.
Interested persons please submit your resume with a cover letter of interest to: email@example.com, and provide contact information for three professional references.
Closing Date: Open until filled.
UW Facilities Services Engineering Services
Student Worker Summer Position: $15.55 per hour LIDAR and GIS/GPS Tech Specialist
Summary of Position: This position qualifies as a student internship, designed for a student from the UW Department of Civil & Environmental Engineering who is currently registered for Fall Quarter 2018. This position is for the summer months of June 2018 through September 2018 working 40 hours per week. The pay rate is $15.55 per hour. There are two positions available.
Performs various tasks in the office and in the field, supporting requests from the engineers and the GIS/GPS specialist such as (but not limited to):
- LIDAR (Light Detection and Ranging) scanning
- Collect and process field data collected by a FARO Focus scanner to create 3D models of campus
- Geographic Information Systems
- Analyze field data, perform data compilation for map making, format data for GIS use, digitize custom points, lines and polygons.
- Global Positioning Systems
- Utilize GPS equipment to perform independent or group field assignments
- Data Collection
- Use Apple iPads to collect field data to create a GIS Infrastructure Record
- Copying, mapmaking, filing, sorting
- Word processing and/or data entry into spreadsheets as required
- Other duties as assigned