Under close supervision, assists assigned department(s) and/or project(s) by performing basic engineering-related tasks which may reflect elements of standard post-secondary engineering curriculum, usually on a part-time, temporary, or co-op basis.
- Assists engineer teams in various tasks and duties.
- Assists Engineer with research, development and design of projects.
- Assists Engineer with the preparation of engineering drawings and documents as assigned.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
The internship will provide an opportunity to
- Gain exposure to tunnel and underground engineering in urban context
- Gain exposure to a mega infrastructure project
- Real world experience with world class team and mentors
- On the job training will be provided
Friday, April 19th, 3:00-4:00pm: Non-Traditional Career Paths – Business & Consulting
Presenters:Brendan Plecque, Senior Strategy Analyst, Boeing
Keting Cen, Consultant, Deloitte Consulting
To join IN-PERSON (MGH 134), register here – https://uw.joinhandshake.com/events/296634
To join VIRTUALLY, register here – https://washington.zoom.us/webinar/register/WN_iGDlPvtYTBixU2jYs7hHFQ
Monday, April 22nd, 3:00-4:00pm: Making the Most of Your Internship
Presenters: Iryna Chyzhova, Senior Platform Validation Engineer, Intel
Peter Deng, Structural Design Engineer, KPFF Consulting
To join IN-PERSON (MGH 134), register here – https://uw.joinhandshake.com/events/297535
To join VIRTUALLY, register here – https://washington.zoom.us/webinar/register/WN_gXdsuKWeT9qK710epkz-XQ
The retreat will bring together a group of
graduate students during the interim
between Spring and Summer Quarters to
work on their dissertations with a
supportive group of tutors!
The retreat is a program that runs for a week between Spring and Summer quarters and that’s dedicated just to writing, workshops, and support for dissertators who are looking to refocus and get to the finish line. Each dissertator will be have their own graduate writing tutor to work with throughout the week to help them meet their goals. The program is free for participants and lunches are included but folks do need to apply using an online application form and space is limited!
When: June 17 – 21, 2019
9:30 AM to 4:30 PM daily
Where: The OWRC
Odegaard library room 121
Applications are due:
Wednesday, April 24th, 2019 by 5:00 PM
A. Four scholarship categories are available:
- Undergraduate engineering scholarship
- Graduate engineering scholarship
- Max Zar Scholarship, awarded to an outstanding student pursuing his or her engineering studies in the State of Illinois
- Rubinos-Mesia Scholarship, named for Teresa Mesia Rubinos and Jacinto Rubinos, awarded to an outstanding engineering student of Hispanic descent.
An individual can apply for multiple categories of scholarships. The undergraduate scholarship is intended for students who will be entering the third year or above of an undergraduate program during the 2019-2020 academic year. The graduate scholarship is intended for students who will be entering or continuing a graduate program during the 2019-2020 academic year. The Max Zar and Rubinos-Mesia Scholarships are open to undergraduate (entering the third year or above) and graduate students.
Complete application packages must be received by the Structural Engineers Foundation by April 29, 2019. Incomplete applications or submissions received after April 29 will not be considered.
More information and to apply check here:
This spring quarter’s first alumni/employer-led workshop is coming up on this Friday. I’d greatly appreciate it if you could share the below workshop information with your students.
Learn from a recruiter what the companies look for in application materials and interviews. You will be able to gain tips and advice on how to best stand out as a candidate, and also on what to do and what NOT to do when applying for a job and internship position.
Presenter: Bri Kastning, Talent Acquisition Specialist, McKinstry
Date: Friday, April 12, 10:30-11:30am
We’ll be livestreaming this workshop!
To join the workshop IN-PERSON (MGH 134), register here – https://uw.joinhandshake.com/events/296632
To join VIRTUALLY, register here – https://washington.zoom.us/webinar/register/WN_iU-9QPPHTPyJFCH-uzMgBw
- Integrated Simulation of Watershed Systems Using ParFlow
- Polishing Your Groundwater Modeling Skills
- Modeling Groundwater Flow with the GIS-based MODFLOW GUI FREEWAT and Calibration and Uncertainty quantification using UCODE
GEO Group Northwest, Inc. has openings for field technicians, geologists and geotechnical engineers.
Geo Group Northwest, Inc. was founded in 1990 and is locally owned and operated. We have geologist and engineers employed and are looking to add another member to our team. We provide geotechnical and environmental consultation services on a large variety of projects, from small private residential projects to large public works. GEO Group Northwest prepares geotechnical engineering studies for building structures, landslide stabilization, shoring wall design, foundation design, seismic analysis, and water main replacement.
Our current projects include shopping centers subdivisions, single family residences, landslide stabilizations and critical areas development.
- Field Technicians
- Construction Monitoring Services:
- · Soil compaction testing via nuclear Densometer
- · Pile Installation
- · Report Writing
Other duty may be assigned as needed and additional training provided.
- Education: 2 year associates Degree in Geology, Civil Engineering, and Geotechnical Engineering
- Geotechnical Engineers: recent grads encouraged to apply
- · Excellence verbal and written communication skills, written reports are required for this position.
- · Strong attention to detail
- · Able to juggle multiple projects at one time
- · Ability to effectively work independently and in a team environment
- · Willing to work in the field
- · Possess reliable transportation to access job sites and a valid driver’s license in good standing
Looking for a place to advance your career? A place where you can work with industry recognized professionals who are engaged with great staff like you to solve challenging water resources problems? If so, then Geosyntec is the place for you! As a junior-level water resources engineer or engineer-in-training in our water resources and engineering practice in Portland, OR; Seattle, WA or Denver, CO offices, you will apply your academic knowledge and practical experience to real-world situations related to surface water systems, water supply, regulatory compliance, resource management, and engineering analysis, planning, and design while also learning and expanding your business skills for a successful consulting career. We also engage our staff in industry leading national applied research efforts to help advance the state of our practice and continue to help build our tools and knowledge base to serve our clients.
Our clients continue to ask us to address their ongoing new ventures and challenges involving the environment, water and natural resources, and civil infrastructure. Ranked by Engineering News Record (ENR) in the top 20 design firms for the environment, Geosyntec is internationally known for its technical skill, broad experience, and exceptional client service. Learn more by visiting www.geosyntec.com.