I inherited an old Request Tracker (RT) install, and I’ve been tasked with becoming the RT expert. The request-tracker package is a great little piece of software, but somewhere along the line the “10 highest priority tickets I own” widget in the dashboard stopped having functional links. The links appear, but the a href=” tag just didn’t have anything after the a. It looked like:
My Ticket URL’s are wrong! So, here’s the fix. I had to update the search whose results show in that Link Tickets box thingy.
- On the “RT at a glance” dashboard, click “edit” in the upper right corner of the “10 highest priority tickets I own” box.
- At the top of the page it says: “You can also edit the predefined search itself: Search – My Tickets” Search – My Tickets is a link, click on that link.
- Click “Advanced” at the top of the page.
- In the format box, make sure you have the following:
You probably just need to add the href… stuff in the link tag.
- Click “Apply” in the lower right corner.
- YOU’RE NOT DONE! Find the “Saved Searches” box on the right. Click the “Update” button.
- Now if you click on “Home” in the upper left, the tickets in your top ten should be click-able.