Fire Damage

Hi Everyone,

It’s been an eventful week! As most of you know, over the weekend there was a fire in Mary Gates Hall that originated in CIC 076.

IMG_0456

The fire was caused by a broken motor in the ventilation system (or something of the sort!), and unfortunately caused a few other rooms to be covered in soot.

IMG_0455

We are so grateful for your flexibility this week. There was some disruption in class locations, and we really appreciate your help in working everything out!

As of right now, all the rooms are back up and running except for 076, which may take longer than a week to repair. Therefore, please make sure to follow the temporary schedule that was sent out over email until further notice. As soon as we have more information, we’ll let you know!

IMG_0454

Thanks for your understanding!

If you didn’t receive the new schedule, please email Tesla at schaeffe@uw.edu.