OU processes on phylogenies and their interpretation
Marguerite Butler and Brian O’Meara
Butler: Testing Hypotheses of Evolution by Varying the Model
- Gain appreciation for how models can be used to test evolutionary hypotheses
- Building intuition about BM and OU processes by making your own simulations
- adding stochastic components to trait values through discrete time (sigma)
- adding trends toward optimal values (theta and alpha)
- adding branching
- changing the parameters along the tree
ou2drgl.R (optional, extra)
- Understand connection between OU methods
- Be able to compare models
- Understand potential problems with your particular analysis (more on this tomorrow)
- Parameter estimation for the win!
OUwie: install.packages(“OUwie”) or bleeding edge remotes::install_github(“thej022214/OUwie”).