Registration forms for Non-Thesis Master’s Students

Updated registration forms for Autumn quarter have been sent out. Note: This post is for students in the Non-Thesis Master’s program (except for Construction Engineering students – you will register through MyUW, you will not receive a registration form).

If you have not received the registration form, please check your spam folder. If you still did not receive the form, please let Jennifer Ross know at

I’ve also sent out program plans for the different areas and the seminar requirements. Please let me know if you need those as well if you did not receive them.

Students have been asking about when payment of course fees are due. Course fee payments are due at the time of registration. So if you are waiting to register, I would register for your classes sooner rather than later. We try to accommodate student’s class choices but we can’t always predict the popularity of a class. We also can’t predict the number of students that are outside of the department who may be interested in our courses.

Measles Immunization Requirement

All matriculated UW Seattle campus students are required to provide proof of measles immunity. A registration hold will be put on your account until this requirement has been satisfied. If you are a continuing UW student, you do not need to provide this again.

For more information on how to prove the measles immunity, you can visit the Hall Health website here:

Please note that the immunity verification instructions have recently changed, and the updated instructions can be found at the Hall Health website link above (you will need a working UW Email address to complete the verification process).

Contact the Hall Health Center if you have questions about the verification process or whether or not they have received your immunization certificate form. The UW Measles Requirement hotline telephone number is 206-616-4672, or you may email them at


Enrollment Confirmation Deposit

All students who have accepted their offer of admission will be required to pay the $250 enrollment confirmation deposit. The deposit will be credited to your student account at the beginning of the quarter after you enroll.

Please note that this is not refundable and not transferrable to another quarter.

If you have accepted admission and have not received your enrollment confirmation deposit form within 2 weeks (possibly longer for international applicants), please let us know at

Lorna & Jennifer

International Student I-20 Request Form and Financial Ability Requirement

If you are an international student and you have accepted your offer of admission, your next step is to fill out your I-20 request form. You will need to log back into your application and download the I-20 request form from your application status screen. It should include instructions on how to fill out the form as well as what documentation is needed to prove your financial ability. If you have accepted an RA/TA or fellowship that provides a tuition waiver, monthly stipend and benefits, the CEE Advising Office has notified the Graduate School of your funding.

If you have any questions about the I-20 form or acceptable documentation to prove your financial ability, you should direct them to the Graduate School at or you may call them at 206-543-5900.

The average living expenses for the 2016-2017 academic year can be found on the graduate school’s website at:

This will help you calculate the financial ability requirement which is needed for the I-20 request form.

Housing Resources for Graduate Students

Visit the UW Housing and Food Services website (link below) for information regarding on-campus housing options. There is also a link provided to find a roommate.

UW Greek Life

Explore Fraternity and Sorority life at the UW.

Other UW Housing Resources

The Daily

Classified listings from the UW student newspaper.

Continue reading