What: Our first of three quarterly Ignite-style presentations from UW people using Web services –- 5 minutes and 20 slides each! Each presentation will be followed by a 5 minute Q&A period. We also have a slightly longer session scheduled on the Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA), a topic of importance to anyone who deals with student data.
When: Thursday, December 2, 2010 from 3:30-5pm.
Where: Odegaard Undergraduate Library, Room 220
Who: Here’s the agenda…
- Virjean Edwards – FERPA and You
- Dan Boren – Web App Security: Two Things You Gotta Know
- James Renfro – RESTful Workflow
- Josh Ritter – Google Sites Integration via RESTful APIs
- Paul Schurr – The Genesis of XML and JSON Web Services
- Heather Sherman – Reporting with Google Visualization
- Jody Tate – Web Service Views Using jQuery UI
———————————– Web services discussion group info ———————————–
We meet once per quarter, from 3:30-5:00 PM in Odegaard Undergraduate Library, room 220. The meeting dates are: 12.2.10, 2.17.11 and 5.19.11.
To discuss Web services of all flavors, please email questions, suggestions, challenges, etc. to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Our Web service blog is located at: http://depts.washington.edu/ontheroa/
The UW Web services Registry is located at: http://webservices.washington.edu/
And finally, don’t forget a free service available to the UW developer community–Web Service Design Reviews. If you are designing, developing, or integrating a Web service and would like some help, call on us!
More information is available here: https://sig.washington.edu/itsigs/Web_Services_Design_Review