Hey there! My name is Randy Orwin and I am the Online Learning Administrator at the University of Washington Information School. Yeah I know that doesn’t mean much to most of you so let me explain a bit about what I do.
- I manage and/or support most of the digital tools used by our students, faculty and staff. These tools include:
- Canvas Learning Management System
- Adobe Connect Pro (Synchronous collaboration and meeting spaces)
- VoiceThread (Lecture capture, presentations and group presentations)
- Camtasia Relay (lecture capture and recorded presentations)
- Tegrity (lecture capture and recorded presentations)
- Support for our online learners
- Support for faculty and staff in becoming digital workers
- Professional development/training in online learning and digital pedagogies
- Course design and development
Basically, if it deals with online learning or working digitally, I will be in the middle of it in some way.
I am currently working digitally from Towoomba, Australia. I am happily married to my best friend, have 4 wonderful children, like to travel, kayak, sail, read, hike, play music and am a total digital junkie 🙂