Internship (and the rest of life) is stressful. We will start the morning with some time exploring reflection as one tool for wellness and learning.
We will spend the morning talking about the “controversies” around vaccines and discussing how to talk about them with skeptical parents. The afternoon will be spent thinking about bugs and the drugs that kill them.
|9:45-12:30||OC.7.830||Bugs and Drugs/Labs|
Hi all. In preparation for tomorrow’s session, please research your assigned topic and prepare to share what you found with everyone. Everyone will have about 7 minutes to share. Also, come with the craziest thing you read on the internet about vaccines. 🙂
Alle Canadian vaccine schedule
Janelle European vaccine schedule
Eva Dr. Bob Sears Schedule
Kristen Dr. Paul Thomas Schedule
Alexandra Stefan Lanka theories
Cassie Natural or homeopathic vaccine alternatives
- “Ileal-lymphoid-nodular hyperplasia, non-specific colitis, and pervasive developmental disorder in children” by Andrew Wakefield, the now retracted article that started a campaign of misinformation.
- The very brief retraction published 12 years later by the Lancet.
Bugs and Drugs:
- Opal article
- Immunization cases– for class
- Resources for responding to IZ questions
- Guide to Contraindications and Precautions
- Helpful flyer with resources to help you respond to vaccine-hesitant parents.
- “Vaccine Refusal, Mandatory Immunization, and the Risks of Vaccine-Preventable Diseases” by S Omer.
- “Addressing Parents’ Concerns: Do Vaccines Cause Allergic or Autoimmune Diseases?” by P Offit.
- “Addressing Parents’ Concerns: Do Vaccines Contain Harmful Preservatives, Adjuvants, Additives, or Residuals?” by P Offit.