Here is a great fellowship opportunity for students interested in a Foreign Service Career.
The Rangel Graduate Fellowship:
The Rangel Graduate Fellowship is a program that aims to attract and prepare outstanding young people for careers in the Foreign Service. The Rangel Program selects 30 Fellows annually and helps support them through:
- Two years of graduate study;
- Internships and professional development activities; and
- Entry into the Foreign Service.
The program provides up to $47,500 annually towards tuition, room, board, books and mandatory fees for completion of two-year master’s degrees. Members of groups historically underrepresented in the Foreign Service and those with financial need are especially encouraged to apply. Fellows who successfully complete the program and Foreign Service entry requirements will receive appointments as Foreign Service Officers (and have to serve for five years).
- Be U.S. citizens;
- Be seeking admission to enter graduate school in the fall of 2017 for a two-year program at a U.S. university in an area of relevance to the Foreign Service.
- Have a cumulative grade point average of 3.2 or higher.
Application deadline for 2017 is September 21, 2016.