Harry S. Truman Scholarships
The Truman Scholarship recognizes outstanding leadership potential, academic achievement, and the desire to pursue a career in public service. Prospective Truman Scholars must demonstrate the following:
- A strong commitment to a public service career
- A record of public service activities and contributions with some form of government or political achievement
- Strong leadership abilities and potential as demonstrated by holding offices, accepting and delegating responsibilities, and by accomplishments outside the classroom
- The ability to define and realistically plan public service goals
- Strong interview skills
Application Now Open!
Apply online at https://expo.uw.edu/expo/apply/519.
Eligible candidates must:
- Attend an accredited U.S. college or university
- Be nominated by the institution’s Truman Faculty Representative [candidates MAY NOT apply directly]
- Be U.S. citizens or U.S. nationals
- Be in the upper quarter of their junior class.
- Residents of Puerto Rico, the Virgin Islands, Guam, American Samoa or the Northern Marianas who must be in their senior class
- Us Citizen