- Read: Taylor, A. (2004). Combination of Isosorbide Dinitrate and Hydralazine in Blacks with Heart Failure. NEJM, 351(20), 2049-2057.
- Do not worry about details of biological mechanism, focus on big picture: what was studied, in whom, what were results and what’s the clinical application?
- Read: “The art of medicine. The short life of a race drug” by Sheldon Krimsky
- Understand how and why BIDIL was able to be marketed as a race-specific treatment.
- Optional – Watch: Dorothy Roberts, The problem with race-based medicine (TEDMED 2015)